I can only think as I share my journey with many of all ages and hear these sayings. “WHAT”. Okay a list and I’m not sure if these are to deter me, mock me or if people believe it.
1. Is this workout appropriate for your age? Is there an age limit to workouts, if you can do it well do it.
2. What’s your reason, I don’t understand. My workout reason is that I enjoy it, the way I feel in so many ways and YOU don’t need to understand my why for my fitness, however if you’d like to join me to experience the joy, fun and change I am, well come on over Let’s Do This.
3. Are you afraid of injury, I thought you had RA. Yes, I do have RA and if I’m not flaring I’m good and if I am I just adjust the move, weight or whatever is necessary for me to complete the workout. Yes, I’m afraid, afraid I will become lazy, unhealthy and let others decide MY designation in MY fitness journey.
4. I was told that after a certain age blah blah blah. Really and no one ever told you to encourage others, or not to place limitations on your self, maybe someone said your age should not define your capability or stop your growth in every possible area of your life and that does include fitness.
I encourage ANYONE that wants to begin a fitness regimen PLEASE do so. You are denying yourself if you listen to the whispers that say no, you can’t, or don’t.
It’s time to drown out the whispers and become You for YOU. Do IT
On the journey to fitness there are so many components but one I almost forgot until I went out late in the evening and looked up. I should say late at night and looked up, then I remembered.
What did I remember? Well it was so relaxing, quiet every now and then a vehicle but all in all so relaxing and my mind relaxed. What you ask?, the pleasure, appreciation of quiet moments with nature. The sky with the stars and the moon it was just a connection. I do yoga but not consistently, I am quiet especially when I’m praying The Rosary. But this is so different, have I ever did this type of meditation? yes. Yes, I have but it has been such a long time and again the connection to the universe, my prayers to God, my appreciation of life had a new feeling and meaning. At this time I’m not certain what days and how many days a week, but this will become a routine. I miss this connection just didn’t realize because I forgot.
How about you? What have you forgotten that really had an impact on your life, assisted in creating, awakening the greatness in you ? Whatever it is, is time to renew that relationship. YOUR GREATNESS
Another week of great barre workouts, how did I do ? Well I completed with again greater balance, improved elongation in legs in the workout and have learned more ballet terms (don’t test me on them though). My flexibility has improved and I notice in my sitting whether at home, in transportation or at work my posture is higher and more aligned. No change in the weights, I continue to use 2 lb.
I have two weeks remaining, as of today I’m certain if I will do another round of Barre Blend, but for now I’m in love with my current barre workout. I
If you’ve never tried a barre workout, well you’re missing out. However for now whatever workout you’re doing give it your 100 and keep up the good work.
How many times do I ask myself this? Am I the only one, how many times do you ask yourself this question?
For me today I’ve aske m self this a thousand times or so it seems.
1. Am I’m the only one that is working out as much in my age group
2. Am I’m the only that gets frustrated when I can’t get all my workout in, today I planned for 2 but my responsibility list was long.
3. Am I the only one that laundry piled up and it will be late before I can get to it or although there aren’t but a few dishes I will place them in the dishwasher and either wash them on another day or turn the dishwasher on in hopes I don’t runout of glasses because unless its a holiday it’s paper plates.
4. Am I’m the only one that everything is breaking, the lawn mower, the edger, the chain saw (limbs on the tree- I do my own)
5. Am I the only wondering how the heck I can keep my house cool because today my air went out and it will be 2 days before the contractor can come out (thanks for home warranty).
6. Today this list is long and then I had to think.
Really, no you’re not it just sometimes I’m hard on myself and have everything planned and then comes the life curve. I just have to deal with it because I have so much to be thankful for in these times.
Tomorrow as I pray the Rosary I will ask God to continue remind me of all the blessings I have received, those I know of and those I don’t because HE has given strength to survive, handle and still be Me despite life’s curve.
How about you? Are you looking at the goodness that surrounds you and know you can handle the curve life tosses to you. You got this, We got this we’re not the only one.
I am so happy Friday is here, just kidding and mocking so many people. I’ve learned through years of growth in so many ways to enjoy and cherish each and every day. I’m one to raise my hand as I know each day, week, month will have different levels of joy as well as there is a lesson in each whether we are aware of it or not, IT’S THERE.
I completed my 5th week of Barre Blend, by the way if you’ve never tried a barre work out and think it is too easy you have wronged yourself in so many ways. Nonetheless I completed week 5 and continue to use 2 lb. weights, there will be no heavy weights in a barre workout. I learned that quick. My balance has improved so much and for reason or reason unknown to my shoulders have been on fire with each workout this week . Next week will begin week 6, there are 8 weeks in this program which is streamed on BOD and who know I may just repeat it again, because I did not know what I now know about barre workouts.
To complete my week in full as I love Barre Blend I will do heavy lifting not that it’s necessary to complement the barre workout because I love weight lifting. As I continue my fitness journey and note the changes in my body as well as my nutrition I get so EXCITED. Excited for the change but to know I did not stop or give up on me regardless to unsupportive friends and family. Age is not the factor but learning to accept, respect yourself is and sometimes it has to be about YOU.
So this week give Yourself more on whatever journey you are pursuing and make it about YOU, because it is.
It is everywhere, what fitness that’s what. Fitness in ads on every media and so many begin a fitness program and so many begin, stop then begin again as well as many begin and just stop.
Fitness has many components and its not just the workout, say what? Yes many components and here are a few.
1. Workout- There are levels to any workout begin at your most comfortable level, then advance. Don’t compare yourself because everyone is different of course there will be similarities. It’s okay if you challenge yourself to a higher intensity in a workout and out of nowhere you have to adjust the intensity a bit lower, that’s gain; you’re responding to your body’s capability for that day.
2. Sleep – You want a good workout, well you need to get a good sleep in. I cannot decide the hours for you but a tired body cannot give 💯 percent in a workout. Oh you can go through the motion, but why? You should want to get the most out of your workout so get that slumber in.
3. Nutrition- So important, don’t over eat as well as don’t under eat.
4. Commit- How many days are you able to workout each week, commit to that number
5. The scale- yeah, about that gadget, it can only tell you how much you’ve gained or lost and it is important it cannot tell you how you feel about yourself, the new energy you now have, how many reps you’ve increased, increased flexibility, inches lost and so many other changes. Is the scale important, uh yes it has a role but don’t ignore or forget “all those non scale victories”
Okay just know these are a few components and very important in your fitness journey. I still have to remind myself of them so to woo hoo to the components of fitness.
My fitness journey is still in motion but right now it is fluctuating and bouncing all over. Is this a good thing yes and no. Yes because I am continuing to workout and NO because I am bouncing about on my second workout.
Do I continue to stream my workouts, yes, but honestly I’m one that needs structure, structure in a workout, yes which is a calendar, telling me what to do next. Why, because the trainers in my streaming workouts have developed a calendar with their workouts to make certain all muscles are worked not to over exhaust any muscle, proper body alignment to prevent injury. OK that seems easy well for me and I know the relationship I have with my body and exercise I will continue to do the most comfortable workout every day. Good, no because to get results in ANY workout you must work every muscle. What does this means, well it means you have to challenge yourself and not become complacent.
Complacency will slow progress and can actually create boredom and with that comes the STOP 🛑. That’s not a goal for me, adjusting my time schedule will be a new week-end focus to stay committed.
Why am I sharing this ? To let others that get stuck sometimes know they are not alone and we have to change to stay committed on whatever journey in life we’re on; for me it’s my fitness journey. The change may require more than a few minutes. Yep I will be putting a plan into action writing out the details every details. If you’re committed as I am put a plan into action, write it out. Writing it down, evaluating then follow through makes a HUGE difference.
Let’s do a set-up, push-up, lunge, squat, jog, boxing punch, bicep curl or a barre stretch to committing on our journey.
It’s not easy, I previously was doing 2 works and will continue however I’m uncertain which will be my second. I am doing A Barre workout to be specific “Baree Blend” and yes its one of my BOD streaming workouts. If you’re interested in doing a Barre workout send a message in the comment section.
I will continue with Barre however I was combining it with another yes BOD workout 10 ROUNDS, I love it but I’m one that loves to follow the schedule and I am currently unable to. Well only 3 day as week and I was doubling on the weekends to get caught up for the next week. I was drained. I am so good at doing 2 sometimes but not often 3 workouts however I made the choice. I thought on my decision because and only because I like to get benefits on my workouts and not to just through the motion which I feel happened on a few reps this past week end. As much as I love boxing this workout is not the one for with Barre. I want to give this awesome workout full attention so 4 weeks in I put it on the burner and will start new once completed Barre Blend.
Now the purpose is to acknowledge sometimes we have to make CHANGES on our journey, not always easy because if like me we one to keep treading for a win. However if you as I was unable to give your 100 then the tread is a lost. I want to make winning gains on my journey so adjusting was necessary and I’m OKAY WITH THE CHANGE.
Just asking what is your intake on CHANGE for a better outcome? To a week of GREATNESS
Now, what? Before making what change and what change?
Before making a change and to continue on with my fitness journey I had to learn one thing and it took me awhile to learn it. Before making any change and be committed to the journey of the change I learned a lesson to remember. Now this is not a hard lesson but it is one that took a minute (just a phrase) to learn.
What is the lesson ? I had to learn to LOVE ME. Love me just as I was see my good qualities, erasing my negative thoughts of myself and ❤️ me. Loving me was just not accepting me but loving my arms, abdomen, thighs, and knowing I want to change them. I had to love my inner strength and smile at my outer strength as in me and it also applies to you there is greatness within us all that brings smiles and joy to so many.
Loving myself as where I was and am has assisted me in being steadfast in my journey. I can see my progression and look where I may need to tweak my journey. Yes see if I hadn’t learned this powerful lesson I would critic myself when I didn’t see a scale change, not admiring the non scale victories to push me on. Loving the change and feeling it but most of all Loving Myself as is now.
See success whether it is a physical journey, personal social gain, business oriented you must love yourself. If not loving yourself before the change how will you love the change and the journey or you.
So if not already begin today Love yourself, Enjoy your journey, Laugh, Smile and again with every wave of progression LOVE YOURSELF before the change and through out it all.
I am truly a at home fitness person for so many reasons. If you’ve read previous post you’d know my reasons. I don’t swipe out any one who goes to the gym, this at one time was a favorite of. Mine and honestly there are days I miss the gym and then I remember my why.
I stream my workouts and YES I love BOD. I also have a calendar to follow with the greater than 700 workouts but that number has increased (probably need to check my own accuracy). I have to push play and with the COVID19 right now it’s challenging me to push play. I had to evaluate and realize I was following all the. News about it and I as truthfully as the news is, it can also be just as depressing. I had to challenge my NOW new challenger.
How, well I’m up on the news and I must be as a healthcare worker and an essential person as I am now known, but not to overwhelm myself. I must continue to use all the precautions and social distancing and as told in childhood – “JUST FOLLOW THE RULES”. This is one of times not to deviate from the rules and express a different opinion (which would be irrational and unsafe)
I know I’m pushing harder in all my workouts once I begin, so that few minutes of meditation after listening to a podcast or reading PD (personal development) has helped me SO MUCH. Also my prayers. I include the entire country / world in my daily Rosary prayers .
Today I’m just sharing a challenge and how I’m pushing through. Please share your challenge and means of pushing through. To this challenge and overcoming it in a POSITIVE Outcome.