Performance and nutrition has such a impact in fitness. Now there are two ways to look at this maybe three.
1. Performance is great whether you are running, weight lifting, cycling just what ever workout you do already you are awesome. Me I do it all just so that I don’t get bored (which is easy) and to prevent my body from hitting or staying in a plateau.
It’s so easy to workout and burn calories, which is awesome however you want to burn calories correctly. Burn calories correct, yes make certain you are burning fat not muscles. How to prevent this, well with nutrition.
2. Nutrition with performance, well if you’re working out to get lean then from my experience not documented in any journal I can decrease caloric intake but Nottingham must be within reason and that is something a person really has to discover. Too low then you will fatigue quickly and drag instead of being energize from a workout and the same is if too many UNLESS. Unless you are bulking for muscle gain.
Hint- lifting weight doesn’t mean you’re bulking, females again you hear that. Weight lifting actually assist faster in burning fat, increasing your metabolism and developing lean muscles. Now if you’re lifting super heavy and increasing calories yep there is a bulk.
Another hint- increasing calories means food with nutritional value and several times a day not 3 meals but 5-7 and a snack again this applies also to develop a lean body.
3. Performance and Nutrition it is so necessary to keep it balanced. Know and keep a log on how your body is responding to the workouts with your nutrition. You can use an app, calorie counting or containers (which is my favorites because it is no counting calories). However another method I sometimes use is 2B Mindset which is neither of the stated.
Evaluate your performance, nutrition and how your body is responding and know your goals.
To a week of Greater performance, improved nutrition as your transformation begins.
It is, and I’d say it one thousand times. There are many struggles for me on my fitness journey.
1. Pushing myself to workout when I want to be just lazy which is not a good idea because I know me I’d use that excuse even when I’m not.
2. Making certain I don’t over indulge when I’m celebrating with friends and family. It is so easy to over indulge and there is a difference between enjoying yourself, (which I do) and over indulging. When I consume way too much my workouts are TOUGH. I be breathing harder, a 40 pound dumbbell feels like 90, two jumping jacks feel like I’ve ran a mile so I’ve learned, however there are a few times I forget.
3. When life challenges appear and you want to throw in the towel and just stop everything. For life challenges drain me, energy and all. On these time I PRAY and ask God for guidance and strength. Of course I read and listen to Personal Development books and podcast.
These are a few of my struggles and I pedal through, keep the focus and goal in my vision. For those who struggle just know you are not alone and you too should keep the focus and goal and know your goals are achievable.
I see it on social media and an associate of mine was thinking of doing it but was hesitant. Of course curiosity was there and had been lingering for a few months now so I decided to give it a try.
First I want to say these are my results after a week and a week is not adequate time to form a conclusion as I’ve noted others have raved on different results and if I continue maybe I will see greater results.
Okay to begin with I have a history or well a diagnosis by GI (gastroenterologist) MD as IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). My first day and my first few swallows I had several moments of belching, I know sounds gross. I also noticed specific foods only small quantities as they were high risk to cause a flare on the FODMAP were easily digestive, which means less bloating.
I am uncertain if it was the celery juice or my favorite “Shakeology” was kicking in strong but my off cravings decreased even more. My energy was also slightly elevated more than usual. Will I stop the celery juicing, ah no I am really curious to see if there are more benefits.
This is not at anyway saying, “Hey y’all, this is the treatment for IBS, energy or curved cravings”. This is JUST MY current experiences and evaluation after one week. Everyone is different and responses to specifics are different.
Well, now I am adding celery juice to my journey for now.
I did, I almost failed.
Nutrition is one of the factors in fitness. Okay let me share fitness has many meanings to some it is a weight loss, others tone, build muscles, recreation and to many its just a part of life.
I workout, I consume meals at face pace, not always prepared. TRUST me when I say choices are better when you meal prep. I have not meal prepped in about, hmm, well, yeah that long, let me just say a month. Nope month and a half is better.
When I meal prep, I have each meal and snacks set, protein drinks, pre and post workout shakes and truly I’d been ad lib and wasting time. Also my energy level is higher with meal prepping. No I did not deviate from my 85/15 too many times but I did; just lots of time lost on spur of the moment decisions and not always the best.
Yesterday, I meal prepped for the week.
Please share how do you stay on track with your nutrition all those on a fitness journey, if not how do you stay on track with your daily intake? To a great week with great nutrition for the best of your health.
Today I am sharing a short blog, word I despise…. Still on a diet?
No, it is not a diet, it is my lifestyle. A diet to me is sort termed.
I AM NOT ON A DIET
I AM NOT ON A DIET
IT IS MY LIFESTYLE AND I LOVE IT
IT IS MY LIFESTYLE AND I LOVE IT
Get it, I really hope so.
Now I have shared my day of frustration because some of my dear friends and family fail to understand.
Working out has its benefits, but to see the greater outcome, you must have adequate adequate nutrition.
I have weakness at times and oh my can be challenging so it was necessary for me to implement measures so I could stop sabotaging my workouts. Do I indulge sometimes yes, am I 100% dedicated to eating healthy everyday. REALLY, heck no.
I have tried several whey proteins and bars to help me not only with protein intake but with cravings. First I like flavor and taste, no aftertaste or chalky taste. I like a protein powder that I can add almond milk, or water and again taste good, keep me full and decrease my cravings. Decreasing my cravings for me is that I seldom have them or if I do my portion size is small and not daily or weekly I am craving unhealthy foods. I am now at 80/20, pushing more to 85/15, many weeks 100% healthy eating.
My go to are:
I can honestly say the taste are so good and Shakeology with the variety of flavors has diminished by cravings for so many food. Is it as meal, no but for a short time it can substitute for a meal until you get your meal prepared or keep you from going to the tempting fast food restaurants and over eating. The beachbars oh my, my, my too tasty is my explanation and will satisfy hunger.
Just sharing how I handle my cravings, everyone has their go to and these or mine. To a healthy week and always great workout week.
I am a vegan 363 days of the year. Yes I will consume turkey on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love sweets. I am good if I drink my Shakeology daily, it really does curb my unhealthy cravings. I can however push myself to give into temptation and overindulge.
So , if you have never behaved as me good. I will continue my routine exercise, but it seems so hard and I fatigue so quickly. It takes a few days to really feel at burn and feel good about me again.
Yes you can overindulge, but we aware of your limits. The food you consume can and will effect your workout. Continue reading “The Food You Eat and Exercise”
Have you tried that workout you knew you could nailed but you failed? I can not speak for you. I can however share my experience.
I agree to no carbs for a few days with a friend of mine. The first day I was a bit slow, thought it was my lack of water intake. Some days I am busy so getting in the water can be a bit hectic, especially when I am not close to the little excretion room.
The second day I was unable to complete my workout. A thirty pound dumbell felt like 100 pounds, 15 pounds was as heavy. I did complete my workout but with 5 and 8 pound dumbells, with a struggle. I was wasted afterwards.
My discussion with my friend was as follow. Are you consuming the right type of carbs and how much? Then came the list, I listened and it took every ounce of remaining strength to restrain myself from a scream.
I followed someone who ate every unhealthy carb. on the market.
First and far most to anyone on a diet free of carbs, you are doing your body an injustice. Punish yourself and learn about healthy carbs, go ahead now read on it. WE NEED CARBS. Carbs create energy to help tackle those unwanted inches, pounds and fat. The carbs must be the healthy ones and there are many.