How are you rating your fitness progress? Is it the scale and you are frustrated because the scale is not moving or is moving forward?, say what.
The scale can be your FOE if you have not weighted the components of your progression.
- Are you lifting weights, a new addition to your workout, if so expect that scale to increase a bit, especially if there remains a few pounds of fat to burn. This was a lesson it took me awhile to learn.
- How do you feel? Yes there may be a way to go on your journey, but really how do you feel? Energy improved, confidence improved, how about your stand and sitting? I bet your posture is so improved even you have not noticed. When I noticed I was sitting taller in my usual seats, I thought the seats were lowered or changed.
- Are your clothes fitting a bit loose than normal, even if it is 1/4″ looser this is progress.
- How about those cravings? Decreased or just gone? As your fitness journey continue you will note there are many changes you do not have to put an effort to your body and mind will respond different. Especially to foods.
- Your sleep and focus on life will change, did you not see this?
There are so many components in the journey to a health and fitness. I am still learning and the scale is a small picture, because these are progress the scale just does not measure only you and I can measure. With knowledge of the components of fitness we can make the scale a friendly.
A few squats, lunges, push ups I salute to you on your journey to fitness.