Yes, yes, yes, I am a snacker which means I try to always have healthy choices around. There are times I do crave and will eat potato chips. Are these chips a healthy brand, NOPE, if I crave it there is no substitution for Lays. I do however have healthy choices available.
I am good with Beachbody bars available in 3 flavors.
The third is a chocolate almond crunch. I also make my own, say what? Yes I make homemade granola which is not only for a snack, but I sprinkle on my salads and vegetables.
Now to the snacking it is not daily but I am working on stopping the snacking and increase my hydration (water) which helps when I want to snack without cause. I have also become aware of snacking when I get impatient, stress or having to make certain decisions. Again it’s water, but there are days I do just need a snack because I’m not able to sit down for a meal. Or at work swallow a meal in 5 minutes, its just that way.
I will continue however to work on my snacking but for now I will keep it as healthy as possible.
I did, I was expecting greater results from my 7th week of Barre Blend, however I was so wrong. I gained 1.5 lb. although I lost a few inches I was hoping for a weight loss.
I WAS HOPING, those are words I can shout over and over. HOPING, why, how? There is no results to hoping if you are doing contradictory behavior. I was so off last week on my nutrition, way off. There were a few days I was under caloric intake and then the rest I ate healthy but too much healthy. See it is okay to eat healthy but even in healthy nutrition it has to be in proportion with your activity level. Yeah I WAS OVER. Okay knowing all I’ve shared how could I want different result. As always I have shouted to myself, “If you want change then you have to change”. If you want greater results then you must put in the time of necessary for the change. I did neither of this so yeah again I wanted change but my behavior said I didn’t.
So, yes, this week I’ve already written down what I need to implement to achieve the change I want on my fitness journey. Sometimes we need to just tweak and get it done.
Of course we all know nutrition is important, well more so when working out. What so many do not know and I raise my hand or both because I lack the knowledge as well. There are a various types of nutrition and not just unhealthy, healthy and healthier.
There is a nutrition for losing weight, reducing the caloric intake be mindful of the foods you eat. Losing weight also means to make certain you are taking in enough nutrition, if not there can a down side. Yes the scale will show a decrease at first which may be rapidly then the plateau comes along with other health problems. The health problems may come later but not the plateau. If the caloric intake is too low then the body begins to hold onto whatever it can to survive as well as your energy decreases.
To reduce caloric intake make certain you’ve consulted a dietitian, MD or for me Portion fix on BOD. Portion fix breaks down the protein, carbs, fruit and vegetables necessary for a healthy weight loss and it includes about 85% of food we already consume. Now there is another nutrition program I use 2B Mindset, teaches me how to arrange the food on my plate, depending on the time of day, what to eat first, how to enjoy every celebration known. In reducing our intake it is IMPORTANT to get the correct nutrition in for a healthy weight loss. Psst…. I’m still working on my nutrition some days are a bit difficult than others.
Now, If you want to lose weight and pack on the muscles don’t get shocked. Your intake will increase, you will lose the fat but that lean, healthy muscle may not reduce the number on the scale. What does this mean, well you need to decide if. You want tone lean body or if you want tone, lean body with muscles. Either way NUTRITION is key. You can workout for hours but without the right nutrition you just maybe sabotaging your workouts.
So WHAT, now do you know the meaning of that? I bet not, but so what.
Okay I have to tell myself this and I think others should too as long as we’re not doing it on a regular basis. I am good for meal prepping, or have ready made salad fixings especially when I’m extremely tired. BUT there are days I do toss it to the side not intentionally. Like when I forget to make a grocery list and pick up everything else but what I need for me because I have enough. I was wrong . This is a recent occurrence and what did I do.
Well I stopped at Burger King and purchased the Impossible Whopper. It was okay, a bit large in size and I was only able to consume 1/2 of it . I was okay with this and said so what. Yes because I knew I would not eat it again at least for awhile.
So what is not only for me but for Anyone feeling guilty about deviating from a workout, well you will resume so what, if you’ve gain weight and not happy about it but you have begin working out and changed your nutritional intake, so what to the weight gain.
What I’m saying is making change to a better you and with change you cannot focus on reaching goals if you waste time on the past. Yes that burger is the past because I will not eat it again for several weeks most likely months. Did it hinder my workout umm just slightly.
So WHAT, what matters and is so important is the change or changes you,me, we have decided on to reach our goals.
Performance and nutrition has such a impact in fitness. Now there are two ways to look at this maybe three.
1. Performance is great whether you are running, weight lifting, cycling just what ever workout you do already you are awesome. Me I do it all just so that I don’t get bored (which is easy) and to prevent my body from hitting or staying in a plateau.
It’s so easy to workout and burn calories, which is awesome however you want to burn calories correctly. Burn calories correct, yes make certain you are burning fat not muscles. How to prevent this, well with nutrition.
2. Nutrition with performance, well if you’re working out to get lean then from my experience not documented in any journal I can decrease caloric intake but Nottingham must be within reason and that is something a person really has to discover. Too low then you will fatigue quickly and drag instead of being energize from a workout and the same is if too many UNLESS. Unless you are bulking for muscle gain.
Hint- lifting weight doesn’t mean you’re bulking, females again you hear that. Weight lifting actually assist faster in burning fat, increasing your metabolism and developing lean muscles. Now if you’re lifting super heavy and increasing calories yep there is a bulk.
Another hint- increasing calories means food with nutritional value and several times a day not 3 meals but 5-7 and a snack again this applies also to develop a lean body.
3. Performance and Nutrition it is so necessary to keep it balanced. Know and keep a log on how your body is responding to the workouts with your nutrition. You can use an app, calorie counting or containers (which is my favorites because it is no counting calories). However another method I sometimes use is 2B Mindset which is neither of the stated.
Evaluate your performance, nutrition and how your body is responding and know your goals.
To a week of Greater performance, improved nutrition as your transformation begins.
There is so much going on in the fitness world, workouts, diets, and fasting. Intermittent fasting is getting a lot of chatter and so far I’m hearing good results. I was approached by a colleague and asked if I’d ever tried it. My face went blank and I stared before I answered because I could tell by her excitement she had tried it and was doing it regularly.
Why did I stare, well I hadn’t shared my fasting days, which were really my anorexia days. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be judged. Not that it matters on this subject but the negative conversation that come up I just wasn’t feeling it. I did however share with her the details why I can’t intermittent fast purposely.
Purposely yes, some days life just keep me busy before I realize it has been 18 hours darn near 24 sometimes that I have eaten. My blood sugar is low, my attitude is not very pleasant and I’m hangry. When this happens I make certain my first bite will be either a protein, for me usually peanut butter or a protein bar or a plate of veggies. I then follow up with a glass of water, wait a few minutes and I’m okay.
Intermittent fasting is not for me due to my volleying anorexia, bulimia, and overeating I just try to do it all my way. Yep eating 85/15 sometimes 75/25 (not often) and working out and hanging onto my fitness journey in a healthy way. My eating fluctuates because I do use portion containers – Portion fix with Autumn Calabrese is good in making sure your nutrition is not lacking so you can eat almost anything. Now 2BMindset another nutrition intake on Beachbodyondemand.com with Ilana Muhlstein. Eating what you normally eat at specific times and portion make a HUGE difference. Which is my favorite, uh neither. No favorite when they both are batting 100.
To prevent myself from slipping back into unhealthy eating habits I will not test myself because I know my relationship with myself. I do applaud all doing the intermittent fasting and with great results. Keep up the greatness within you and what works for you.
Why yes it it. I know when my workouts are super successful when I am all sweaty, muscles fatigued and I have to sit for a few minutes before contemplating my movements. This is awesome, BUT there is a BUT with an intense workout it is necessary to do several things.
1. HYDRATE –hydration is good for the body and muscles and should be done during and post workout. The choices are enormous and the choice is yours. For me it “Hydrate” that’s the name a supplement that supplies my body the essentials naturally and without added sugars. Water just water is good it is also good to add Himalayan salt to the water. These are my three choices but there are other products I just don’t use them.
2. REPLENISH – replenish the muscles with proteins post workout, again there are many what I love most is “Shakeology” , whey or vegan. My choice is vegan . If the muscles are worked hard, they need to be refueled. Can’t operate on empty or low fuel to an outstanding level. You do know you are outstanding, if not well you’ve been informed so refuel post workouts. Refueling doesn’t necessary have to be a protein shake any protein is good. A shake is my choice.
3. STRETCHING- It’s just easy to complete a workout and move one but stretching post any workout is so important especially with weight lifting. You lengthen the muscles out and get to enjoy the stretch, decrease the chances of increased muscle spasms, you are also cooling both the muscles and the body down as well as your breathing slowly returns to normal.
Overworking the muscles just doesn’t mean giving 100 % but you are giving 150 and more but it is necessary to reward the body as I’ve learned, so it will be prepared for tomorrow’s workout.
To all the over achievers on their workout journey, keep doing you- you are so amazing.