Of course we all know nutrition is important, well more so when working out. What so many do not know and I raise my hand or both because I lack the knowledge as well. There are a various types of nutrition and not just unhealthy, healthy and healthier.
There is a nutrition for losing weight, reducing the caloric intake be mindful of the foods you eat. Losing weight also means to make certain you are taking in enough nutrition, if not there can a down side. Yes the scale will show a decrease at first which may be rapidly then the plateau comes along with other health problems. The health problems may come later but not the plateau. If the caloric intake is too low then the body begins to hold onto whatever it can to survive as well as your energy decreases.
To reduce caloric intake make certain you’ve consulted a dietitian, MD or for me Portion fix on BOD. Portion fix breaks down the protein, carbs, fruit and vegetables necessary for a healthy weight loss and it includes about 85% of food we already consume. Now there is another nutrition program I use 2B Mindset, teaches me how to arrange the food on my plate, depending on the time of day, what to eat first, how to enjoy every celebration known. In reducing our intake it is IMPORTANT to get the correct nutrition in for a healthy weight loss. Psst…. I’m still working on my nutrition some days are a bit difficult than others.
Now, If you want to lose weight and pack on the muscles don’t get shocked. Your intake will increase, you will lose the fat but that lean, healthy muscle may not reduce the number on the scale. What does this mean, well you need to decide if. You want tone lean body or if you want tone, lean body with muscles. Either way NUTRITION is key. You can workout for hours but without the right nutrition you just maybe sabotaging your workouts.
Performance and nutrition has such a impact in fitness. Now there are two ways to look at this maybe three.
1. Performance is great whether you are running, weight lifting, cycling just what ever workout you do already you are awesome. Me I do it all just so that I don’t get bored (which is easy) and to prevent my body from hitting or staying in a plateau.
It’s so easy to workout and burn calories, which is awesome however you want to burn calories correctly. Burn calories correct, yes make certain you are burning fat not muscles. How to prevent this, well with nutrition.
2. Nutrition with performance, well if you’re working out to get lean then from my experience not documented in any journal I can decrease caloric intake but Nottingham must be within reason and that is something a person really has to discover. Too low then you will fatigue quickly and drag instead of being energize from a workout and the same is if too many UNLESS. Unless you are bulking for muscle gain.
Hint- lifting weight doesn’t mean you’re bulking, females again you hear that. Weight lifting actually assist faster in burning fat, increasing your metabolism and developing lean muscles. Now if you’re lifting super heavy and increasing calories yep there is a bulk.
Another hint- increasing calories means food with nutritional value and several times a day not 3 meals but 5-7 and a snack again this applies also to develop a lean body.
3. Performance and Nutrition it is so necessary to keep it balanced. Know and keep a log on how your body is responding to the workouts with your nutrition. You can use an app, calorie counting or containers (which is my favorites because it is no counting calories). However another method I sometimes use is 2B Mindset which is neither of the stated.
Evaluate your performance, nutrition and how your body is responding and know your goals.
To a week of Greater performance, improved nutrition as your transformation begins.
Why yes it it. I know when my workouts are super successful when I am all sweaty, muscles fatigued and I have to sit for a few minutes before contemplating my movements. This is awesome, BUT there is a BUT with an intense workout it is necessary to do several things.
1. HYDRATE –hydration is good for the body and muscles and should be done during and post workout. The choices are enormous and the choice is yours. For me it “Hydrate” that’s the name a supplement that supplies my body the essentials naturally and without added sugars. Water just water is good it is also good to add Himalayan salt to the water. These are my three choices but there are other products I just don’t use them.
2. REPLENISH – replenish the muscles with proteins post workout, again there are many what I love most is “Shakeology” , whey or vegan. My choice is vegan . If the muscles are worked hard, they need to be refueled. Can’t operate on empty or low fuel to an outstanding level. You do know you are outstanding, if not well you’ve been informed so refuel post workouts. Refueling doesn’t necessary have to be a protein shake any protein is good. A shake is my choice.
3. STRETCHING- It’s just easy to complete a workout and move one but stretching post any workout is so important especially with weight lifting. You lengthen the muscles out and get to enjoy the stretch, decrease the chances of increased muscle spasms, you are also cooling both the muscles and the body down as well as your breathing slowly returns to normal.
Overworking the muscles just doesn’t mean giving 100 % but you are giving 150 and more but it is necessary to reward the body as I’ve learned, so it will be prepared for tomorrow’s workout.
To all the over achievers on their workout journey, keep doing you- you are so amazing.