There are many days of recent I am struggling. I struggle with getting my butt in gear to work out because I either stayed up too late- sleep deprivation does hinder my workouts or my nutrition was either in a deficit or I consume a tad bit too many carbs which both makes me just lazy. Now I said lazy not tired and when I’m lazy there is really nothing I am favorable of doing.
My current beachbody – beachbodyondemand workout has a few few routines I struggle with because I want to get the most out of my workout , one being lightning bolt, standing and kneeling. I did modify at the beginning and the struggle oh my when I wanted to progress was a laugh, look like I was hopping, then look as if I was preparing to scare someone or attack them BUT I didn’t stop of give up and I’ve ALMOST perfected the lighting bolt.
I challenged my struggle. On those days I’m struggling to get up and workout, I challenge my body and just do it. Challenging yourself in a positive way can be rewarding. This week how about challenge just one thing you struggle with – make yourself proud of you.
Why yes it it. I know when my workouts are super successful when I am all sweaty, muscles fatigued and I have to sit for a few minutes before contemplating my movements. This is awesome, BUT there is a BUT with an intense workout it is necessary to do several things.
1. HYDRATE –hydration is good for the body and muscles and should be done during and post workout. The choices are enormous and the choice is yours. For me it “Hydrate” that’s the name a supplement that supplies my body the essentials naturally and without added sugars. Water just water is good it is also good to add Himalayan salt to the water. These are my three choices but there are other products I just don’t use them.
2. REPLENISH – replenish the muscles with proteins post workout, again there are many what I love most is “Shakeology” , whey or vegan. My choice is vegan . If the muscles are worked hard, they need to be refueled. Can’t operate on empty or low fuel to an outstanding level. You do know you are outstanding, if not well you’ve been informed so refuel post workouts. Refueling doesn’t necessary have to be a protein shake any protein is good. A shake is my choice.
3. STRETCHING- It’s just easy to complete a workout and move one but stretching post any workout is so important especially with weight lifting. You lengthen the muscles out and get to enjoy the stretch, decrease the chances of increased muscle spasms, you are also cooling both the muscles and the body down as well as your breathing slowly returns to normal.
Overworking the muscles just doesn’t mean giving 100 % but you are giving 150 and more but it is necessary to reward the body as I’ve learned, so it will be prepared for tomorrow’s workout.
To all the over achievers on their workout journey, keep doing you- you are so amazing.
Do you want to achieve your goal? I once asked myself this. Why, because seeing my goal in a physical change after identifying I had an eating disorder, bouncing up in weight dwindling down to an unhealthy weight.
I knew what I wanted to achieve but also I verbalized my goals to the wrong people. I learned, people will listen to your goals and will destroy it at the same time, IF YOU ARE NOT STRONG- THEY WILL DESTROY YOUR GOALS. I also learned my goals was just that MY GOALS. I know I’m not the only one to encounter “the goal snatcher” , “the negative destroyer”. Slowly I eliminated them and I still have a few that linger and I will never get rid of BUT I limited my time with them.
THE FIRST STEP TO ACHIEVEMENT IS “TO BELIEVE” . YES, you must believe as I have learned. Believe in myself, and my goals. To believe you must take action, because goals are not reached by doing nothing. Goals are not always but I know and recommend associate with positive people, baby steps will turn into long strides, read apply motivational and personal development books- IT IS NOT A WASTE OF TIME.
I am constantly telling myself to be strong doing my workouts. This does not always mean increase my weights. There times it means to stay focus in the workout and do one maybe two more reps, do not give in and I have this. Sometimes I get in a funk and decide okay three reps is enough or I’m not good at this routine. I then stop briefly to refocus my thought and tell my self I am strong and push through without injury. Honestly its not that easy it takes focus and training the mindset. I have to focus on my goals and decide if I want to waste time on working out at a level of 2/10 instead of 10/10. Of course that 2 will eventually get me closer to my goal and it is better than doing no workout, but if its not my best then I’m wasting time. Not sure about you but knowingly wasting time is a no no.
Being strong also is what I tell myself when conversing with someone or several people and it is going south, like really negative and I’m unable to immediately remove myself and my inner self is bubbling to say “shut the F up the facts are wrong and just listen to yourself and so much more” But I have to be strong until I can peacefully remove myself, which sometimes seems an eternity even if it is only five minutes.
Being strong again for me means “stay focus” and “be patient”. For both of these focus and patience require strength. Why because sometimes a focus regardless of the level of commitment, the end goal is unseen as well as being patience some times it appears as if the outcome is so far off. I tell myself to be strong.
Sure seems like I talk to myself a lot, Uh huh I do. I speak loud and silently to negate that thought changing my mindset, goals and attempting to weaken me.
To you, you’re not alone. Let’s BE STRONG in our goals in workouts, work place be it with an employer or if you are an entrepreneur and all other life challenges.
Is it, I know all weight loss should be considered a great move, BUT all weight loss is not healthy. This sounds confusing but don’t read into it and don’t think I’m trying to confuse you. NOWAY.
I have a few friends 👬 on weight loss journey and feel they are doing good and they are. Their concerns is not their workouts but their nutrition because they are not sure if their current nutrition will be forever. First changing your mindset in nutrition is a plus x 20. This takes discipline and a lot of it. However if your change is a FAD hmmm, probably needs to be evaluated.
A change in nutrition should be a lifestyle change one you are getting adequate nutrition to sustain your body’s requirements and will be able to follow for the rest of your life. Temporary change does not assist in a healthy you, its like placing a board on a hole in the road. You want to be lose fat, build muscle be it lean or bulky, also know everyone lose and build at a different rate. I should know because there are months my change is slower than a snail or a turtle.
As mentioned in previous blogs find the change that works for and with you, because an unhealthy weight loss can be as damaging to the body as overeating.
To a journey of healthy weight loss- STRONG and HEALTHY is the new Skinny.
I am one that this is very important to me. I read and have read a lot of motivational books. Honestly there are several I have not completed.
Let me explain as to why I didn’t complete the readings and these are not excuses, just my why. Before I list my why and I am not sharing my incompleted reads, the books may have and continue to motivate others just not me.
1. The writer and I just was not on the same page- I wasn’t able to relate and drifted often in my read. If I drift I know me I can not learn or apply anything in the book.
2. The writer took several chapters reiterating the same thing in each chapter- I was lost and bored. I do believe in reiterating but also connecting and I kept getting the same message. Again receiving the same message is good but it needs to connect. The leg is connect to what? Yep need to connect for movement in my reading.
3. If you have too much to share in Chapter 1 and 2, I always give that benefit of doubt, I’m overwhelmed. If I’m overwhelmed too much I may be able to relate but feel I’m an under achiever instead of applying all the information.
4. Just plain, simple and honest – I don’t know what the HECK you are talking about and can not relate in Chapter 1, 2 or 3.
Motivational reading is beneficial only if you are able to relate and apply learnings for a greater you and for me this is important as much as my time. So YES I have tossed several back on the book shelf but so many I ready, apply cherish and applaud the authors.
If not started I urge anyone to begin motivational reading regardless of the phase of your life or your life journey. To Motivational Reading- have a good one.
This is exactly what I once had to ask myself. Isn’t it time I take control of my excuses of fitness. I had excuses greater than a thousand as to why I couldn’t workout and when I did workout I had excuses as to why I couldn’t perform a specific workout.
Okay I’m a FAN, LOVER of @beachbodyondemand. There are so many at home workouts and trainers. I was unable to get to the gym at one time like I wanted to, life changes so we (I), have to adapt. I joined the beachbody team because it was appeasing to my current life. What did I do? Yep I made choices on trainers to use and later which of their workouts I would do to make it better for me I decided which routine in the workouts I’d do. What the heck?
I wanted a refund because this $hit was not working for me. Truthfully it wasn’t not at all, did I deserve a refund well YES. Yes I really did but did I submit for one NO. Why since this was not working for me nor the gym and I wanted to stay on my fitness journey but I was lost in the travel. The gym was not going to work due to changes HOWEVER, @teambeachbody would. Why did I change well it was TIME. Time for me to admit several things.
1. I was not following the calendar set for each workout, I was making my own choices. Now this is so allowed by adding on but not by way of doing it my way. These are trainers and they have more experience with credentials.
2. When I did a workout I decided which ones I’d give 💯 to and just sit on the others or do very little because it looked difficult. I didn’t want to workout with the modifier.
3. I was not, as I now am continuously doing twerking my nutrition.
So no it’s was me I had to accept it was all me. It was time to accept I needed to refund my self a change of positive dedication to ME. Sometimes we must look to see if we are doing all of what we seek. If not then apply. Those difficult reps only required me to modify and then get in it and erase my own excuses.
To sum it up this has been a awhile back but I still sometimes am challenged and must remind myself STOP 🛑 the CLOCK, time for a mind reset. Yep it’s time.
To weeks of resetting your time clock of thinking for a GREATER YOU