I was asked the question of what’s my “niche” in workouts. I was stunned by the question, fumbled for an answer and just didn’t know how to respond. I didn’t know there was a “niche” for workouts and I really did not answer. The person who asked me responded “so you just do whatever?”. My response was no but please share what type of fitness are you doing?. No response, nothing, I think I heard an ant snore.
Really is there a niche for workouts ? I do follow a calendar, controlled, streaming workout but a “niche”. I need to refocus. Nope I don’t have a niche in my workouts I enjoy others more than others and that depends on my energy and sometimes the challenges make me want to stop (but I don’t).
So for anyone out there trying to find out if I have what I never, ever heard of until recently a NICHE, the answer is NO. I love let me see, hmm, let me think. Oh yeah, got it I love barre (barre blend), boxing (10 Rounds) and a few you tube boxing workouts, Lifting (Liift4, Body Beast, ) and all workouts on beachbodyondemand. I love running on pavement and the treadmill, walking, jogging, yoga, Pilates and dancing. Okay dancing not sure if you know but beach body has dance workouts yep and you burn the calories and not just a few.
Now if you want to try any of the beach body workouts for two weeks and experience the joy and fun of workouts then click on the link.
A few days a week I begin my day at 3 AM. Yes it is 3 AM so I can do what MY responsibilities to household chores and get a workout in and my efforts are always my 100 but it’s not the same. My efforts require more of a push and although I have drink my “jump to it juice” as always before a workout there is a difference. Why?
I know, what’s the purpose of my juice if I’m not getting the results; well the juice is doing what it should. It’s me. It’s my hours of sleep, no matter what I just cannot get the sleep before that alarm goes off. I’ve tried so many times to crawl into bed by 8 PM but then I’m up by 10 PM because my body thinks I’m taking a nap. Oh I don’t fall asleep at 8, it takes a minute or two more like 30 to 40. I have tried working out later on these days but that means 9 PM or 10, doesn’t work for me. So……
I know my levels are decreased but I do the workouts and still feel good just know it is not the same and it works for ME. That’s it with a 3 AM workout or later it is necessary not only to get the most sleep (because it is important), as well as to know what works for you to stay committed on your journey. I’m sharing my fitness journey but this applies to any journey know what works for you to stay focus and keep it moving onward.
That’s what I did today in Barre today. I was all excited at the beginning. I did a few minutes of meditating high intensity today and then I pushed play.
High intensity, as I’m in week 7, 40 minutes. I was sweating giving what I thought was more than 💯, kicking this cardio workout then it happened. I noticed my leg was swinging so high and my balance was off. Who doesn’t know if their balance is off, Me. One of my canines decide to place kibbles on my workout mat and I stumbled on a few, did a quick clean-up and back to the workout. I fumbled as I my skin was glistening and dropping sweat on the mat, I broke my fall with grace and decided I needed to modify and that’s what I did. Did I decrease my 💯, NOPE, just my level and completed the workout. Barre Blend is a challenge.
Have you ever tried a barre workout? Are you interested to see if Barre if for you well comment below and I will send you a link for 2 week try of this fun, yoga,Pilates, muscle, dance, boxing, ballet workout. Or maybe you’re like me always looking for an accountability partner I’m here let’s share our journey together. Otherwise if you fumble or fall just change your pace and keep it moving.
I can only think as I share my journey with many of all ages and hear these sayings. “WHAT”. Okay a list and I’m not sure if these are to deter me, mock me or if people believe it.
1. Is this workout appropriate for your age? Is there an age limit to workouts, if you can do it well do it.
2. What’s your reason, I don’t understand. My workout reason is that I enjoy it, the way I feel in so many ways and YOU don’t need to understand my why for my fitness, however if you’d like to join me to experience the joy, fun and change I am, well come on over Let’s Do This.
3. Are you afraid of injury, I thought you had RA. Yes, I do have RA and if I’m not flaring I’m good and if I am I just adjust the move, weight or whatever is necessary for me to complete the workout. Yes, I’m afraid, afraid I will become lazy, unhealthy and let others decide MY designation in MY fitness journey.
4. I was told that after a certain age blah blah blah. Really and no one ever told you to encourage others, or not to place limitations on your self, maybe someone said your age should not define your capability or stop your growth in every possible area of your life and that does include fitness.
I encourage ANYONE that wants to begin a fitness regimen PLEASE do so. You are denying yourself if you listen to the whispers that say no, you can’t, or don’t.
It’s time to drown out the whispers and become You for YOU. Do IT
On the journey to fitness there are so many components but one I almost forgot until I went out late in the evening and looked up. I should say late at night and looked up, then I remembered.
What did I remember? Well it was so relaxing, quiet every now and then a vehicle but all in all so relaxing and my mind relaxed. What you ask?, the pleasure, appreciation of quiet moments with nature. The sky with the stars and the moon it was just a connection. I do yoga but not consistently, I am quiet especially when I’m praying The Rosary. But this is so different, have I ever did this type of meditation? yes. Yes, I have but it has been such a long time and again the connection to the universe, my prayers to God, my appreciation of life had a new feeling and meaning. At this time I’m not certain what days and how many days a week, but this will become a routine. I miss this connection just didn’t realize because I forgot.
How about you? What have you forgotten that really had an impact on your life, assisted in creating, awakening the greatness in you ? Whatever it is, is time to renew that relationship. YOUR GREATNESS
Another week of great barre workouts, how did I do ? Well I completed with again greater balance, improved elongation in legs in the workout and have learned more ballet terms (don’t test me on them though). My flexibility has improved and I notice in my sitting whether at home, in transportation or at work my posture is higher and more aligned. No change in the weights, I continue to use 2 lb.
I have two weeks remaining, as of today I’m certain if I will do another round of Barre Blend, but for now I’m in love with my current barre workout. I
If you’ve never tried a barre workout, well you’re missing out. However for now whatever workout you’re doing give it your 100 and keep up the good work.
How many times do I ask myself this? Am I the only one, how many times do you ask yourself this question?
For me today I’ve aske m self this a thousand times or so it seems.
1. Am I’m the only one that is working out as much in my age group
2. Am I’m the only that gets frustrated when I can’t get all my workout in, today I planned for 2 but my responsibility list was long.
3. Am I the only one that laundry piled up and it will be late before I can get to it or although there aren’t but a few dishes I will place them in the dishwasher and either wash them on another day or turn the dishwasher on in hopes I don’t runout of glasses because unless its a holiday it’s paper plates.
4. Am I’m the only one that everything is breaking, the lawn mower, the edger, the chain saw (limbs on the tree- I do my own)
5. Am I the only wondering how the heck I can keep my house cool because today my air went out and it will be 2 days before the contractor can come out (thanks for home warranty).
6. Today this list is long and then I had to think.
Really, no you’re not it just sometimes I’m hard on myself and have everything planned and then comes the life curve. I just have to deal with it because I have so much to be thankful for in these times.
Tomorrow as I pray the Rosary I will ask God to continue remind me of all the blessings I have received, those I know of and those I don’t because HE has given strength to survive, handle and still be Me despite life’s curve.
How about you? Are you looking at the goodness that surrounds you and know you can handle the curve life tosses to you. You got this, We got this we’re not the only one.