That’s right, I need you to stop that insanity. I hear this a lot and I wonder, when will so many stop focusing on what the condition of health was in yester years. Truth people didn’t live as long, didn’t have the medical knowledge as of today, and just thought it was normal to stop doing certain activities after a certain age.
WE have evolved in the fitness arena so just stop saying if you were younger because you are not but you can still do it. Yes but only if you want to.
It’s NOT Your AGE, it’s you. All you, no one else but you of course your age too, but your age isn’t stopping you from being active it’s you. SO now I need you to rephrase that excuse. How about, “It’s not my age because I’m making changes in my fitness life, slow but change , I will no longer use my age as an excuse. I know there are so many workouts I can do and only a few I’m not able to and some I will be able to at a later date. It’s NOT MY AGE”
How many times do I ask myself this? Am I the only one, how many times do you ask yourself this question?
For me today I’ve aske m self this a thousand times or so it seems.
1. Am I’m the only one that is working out as much in my age group
2. Am I’m the only that gets frustrated when I can’t get all my workout in, today I planned for 2 but my responsibility list was long.
3. Am I the only one that laundry piled up and it will be late before I can get to it or although there aren’t but a few dishes I will place them in the dishwasher and either wash them on another day or turn the dishwasher on in hopes I don’t runout of glasses because unless its a holiday it’s paper plates.
4. Am I’m the only one that everything is breaking, the lawn mower, the edger, the chain saw (limbs on the tree- I do my own)
5. Am I the only wondering how the heck I can keep my house cool because today my air went out and it will be 2 days before the contractor can come out (thanks for home warranty).
6. Today this list is long and then I had to think.
Really, no you’re not it just sometimes I’m hard on myself and have everything planned and then comes the life curve. I just have to deal with it because I have so much to be thankful for in these times.
Tomorrow as I pray the Rosary I will ask God to continue remind me of all the blessings I have received, those I know of and those I don’t because HE has given strength to survive, handle and still be Me despite life’s curve.
How about you? Are you looking at the goodness that surrounds you and know you can handle the curve life tosses to you. You got this, We got this we’re not the only one.
It is everywhere, what fitness that’s what. Fitness in ads on every media and so many begin a fitness program and so many begin, stop then begin again as well as many begin and just stop.
Fitness has many components and its not just the workout, say what? Yes many components and here are a few.
1. Workout- There are levels to any workout begin at your most comfortable level, then advance. Don’t compare yourself because everyone is different of course there will be similarities. It’s okay if you challenge yourself to a higher intensity in a workout and out of nowhere you have to adjust the intensity a bit lower, that’s gain; you’re responding to your body’s capability for that day.
2. Sleep – You want a good workout, well you need to get a good sleep in. I cannot decide the hours for you but a tired body cannot give 💯 percent in a workout. Oh you can go through the motion, but why? You should want to get the most out of your workout so get that slumber in.
3. Nutrition- So important, don’t over eat as well as don’t under eat.
4. Commit- How many days are you able to workout each week, commit to that number
5. The scale- yeah, about that gadget, it can only tell you how much you’ve gained or lost and it is important it cannot tell you how you feel about yourself, the new energy you now have, how many reps you’ve increased, increased flexibility, inches lost and so many other changes. Is the scale important, uh yes it has a role but don’t ignore or forget “all those non scale victories”
Okay just know these are a few components and very important in your fitness journey. I still have to remind myself of them so to woo hoo to the components of fitness.
It’s not easy, I previously was doing 2 works and will continue however I’m uncertain which will be my second. I am doing A Barre workout to be specific “Baree Blend” and yes its one of my BOD streaming workouts. If you’re interested in doing a Barre workout send a message in the comment section.
I will continue with Barre however I was combining it with another yes BOD workout 10 ROUNDS, I love it but I’m one that loves to follow the schedule and I am currently unable to. Well only 3 day as week and I was doubling on the weekends to get caught up for the next week. I was drained. I am so good at doing 2 sometimes but not often 3 workouts however I made the choice. I thought on my decision because and only because I like to get benefits on my workouts and not to just through the motion which I feel happened on a few reps this past week end. As much as I love boxing this workout is not the one for with Barre. I want to give this awesome workout full attention so 4 weeks in I put it on the burner and will start new once completed Barre Blend.
Now the purpose is to acknowledge sometimes we have to make CHANGES on our journey, not always easy because if like me we one to keep treading for a win. However if you as I was unable to give your 100 then the tread is a lost. I want to make winning gains on my journey so adjusting was necessary and I’m OKAY WITH THE CHANGE.
Just asking what is your intake on CHANGE for a better outcome? To a week of GREATNESS
I’m currently doing two workouts and they are so different and each has worked my body differently with sweating, huffing, puffing, balance and challenged me to new levels.
Barre Blend- my second round of this workout, it first stoked me because my expectations were so wrong and now it challenges me. What is barre- well it is a combination of Pilates, ballet, yoga, muscle strengthening, kickboxing, abs, dance and lots of fun. The equipment well it’s your decision, however as I do lift heavy this workout or these workouts says NO. No heavy weights I begin with 5, then 3 and am steady with 2 lb. weights. I love Barre Blend (streamed on BOD)
Boxing well yeah that’s 10 Rounds on BOD. Three days of boxing 10 rounds- 7 rounds include boxing, 2 rounds are agility which is cardio with strengthening moves using loops sometimes and always a towel and 1 round of ab workout. I love 10 Rounds. Which was to be 2 week with barre although it is a 6 week program. Today I started week 3.
I can’t decide which to concentrate the most on so for now I’m giving each my 💯 And before my muscle become complete immobile from either workout I hope I’ll decide which one to continue with until then I’m a barre boxing gal,
Now, what? Before making what change and what change?
Before making a change and to continue on with my fitness journey I had to learn one thing and it took me awhile to learn it. Before making any change and be committed to the journey of the change I learned a lesson to remember. Now this is not a hard lesson but it is one that took a minute (just a phrase) to learn.
What is the lesson ? I had to learn to LOVE ME. Love me just as I was see my good qualities, erasing my negative thoughts of myself and ❤️ me. Loving me was just not accepting me but loving my arms, abdomen, thighs, and knowing I want to change them. I had to love my inner strength and smile at my outer strength as in me and it also applies to you there is greatness within us all that brings smiles and joy to so many.
Loving myself as where I was and am has assisted me in being steadfast in my journey. I can see my progression and look where I may need to tweak my journey. Yes see if I hadn’t learned this powerful lesson I would critic myself when I didn’t see a scale change, not admiring the non scale victories to push me on. Loving the change and feeling it but most of all Loving Myself as is now.
See success whether it is a physical journey, personal social gain, business oriented you must love yourself. If not loving yourself before the change how will you love the change and the journey or you.
So if not already begin today Love yourself, Enjoy your journey, Laugh, Smile and again with every wave of progression LOVE YOURSELF before the change and through out it all.
I am truly a at home fitness person for so many reasons. If you’ve read previous post you’d know my reasons. I don’t swipe out any one who goes to the gym, this at one time was a favorite of. Mine and honestly there are days I miss the gym and then I remember my why.
I stream my workouts and YES I love BOD. I also have a calendar to follow with the greater than 700 workouts but that number has increased (probably need to check my own accuracy). I have to push play and with the COVID19 right now it’s challenging me to push play. I had to evaluate and realize I was following all the. News about it and I as truthfully as the news is, it can also be just as depressing. I had to challenge my NOW new challenger.
How, well I’m up on the news and I must be as a healthcare worker and an essential person as I am now known, but not to overwhelm myself. I must continue to use all the precautions and social distancing and as told in childhood – “JUST FOLLOW THE RULES”. This is one of times not to deviate from the rules and express a different opinion (which would be irrational and unsafe)
I know I’m pushing harder in all my workouts once I begin, so that few minutes of meditation after listening to a podcast or reading PD (personal development) has helped me SO MUCH. Also my prayers. I include the entire country / world in my daily Rosary prayers .
Today I’m just sharing a challenge and how I’m pushing through. Please share your challenge and means of pushing through. To this challenge and overcoming it in a POSITIVE Outcome.