Yes, I am and oh, that’s not a matrimony knot but I probably should think about that approach. I am tying the knot to my commitments to my workouts and nutrition. I have slightly fallen off. Now look I’m still working out but not as long or should I say as much as I usually do. I’m doing only one workout, occasionally I will do two but greater on one. I can feel the difference in my body and I’ve got to tie that knot of commitment.
The saying is 21 days and you’re committed and that works for a lot of people because so many scream it. For me, I just need to write it down on a calendar, place it so I may see it daily and I’m good once the motion is going for one week I’m committed.
Really, of course now if I don’t enjoy the feeling then yes its possible there maybe a change and that is why I believe you must enjoy and believe in what you do. I do enjoy working out so the joy is already there it’s allowing other things in life interfere with my workout and I am committing to “no more”.
Life happens and I need to keep my focus on my fitness journey. As for you do you need to tie the knot again? Is there or has there been an interference in your commitment?, If so join me let’s tie the knot again. To Greatness in RENEWING OUR COMMITMENT.
How many times do I ask myself this? Am I the only one, how many times do you ask yourself this question?
For me today I’ve aske m self this a thousand times or so it seems.
1. Am I’m the only one that is working out as much in my age group
2. Am I’m the only that gets frustrated when I can’t get all my workout in, today I planned for 2 but my responsibility list was long.
3. Am I the only one that laundry piled up and it will be late before I can get to it or although there aren’t but a few dishes I will place them in the dishwasher and either wash them on another day or turn the dishwasher on in hopes I don’t runout of glasses because unless its a holiday it’s paper plates.
4. Am I’m the only one that everything is breaking, the lawn mower, the edger, the chain saw (limbs on the tree- I do my own)
5. Am I the only wondering how the heck I can keep my house cool because today my air went out and it will be 2 days before the contractor can come out (thanks for home warranty).
6. Today this list is long and then I had to think.
Really, no you’re not it just sometimes I’m hard on myself and have everything planned and then comes the life curve. I just have to deal with it because I have so much to be thankful for in these times.
Tomorrow as I pray the Rosary I will ask God to continue remind me of all the blessings I have received, those I know of and those I don’t because HE has given strength to survive, handle and still be Me despite life’s curve.
How about you? Are you looking at the goodness that surrounds you and know you can handle the curve life tosses to you. You got this, We got this we’re not the only one.
It is everywhere, what fitness that’s what. Fitness in ads on every media and so many begin a fitness program and so many begin, stop then begin again as well as many begin and just stop.
Fitness has many components and its not just the workout, say what? Yes many components and here are a few.
1. Workout- There are levels to any workout begin at your most comfortable level, then advance. Don’t compare yourself because everyone is different of course there will be similarities. It’s okay if you challenge yourself to a higher intensity in a workout and out of nowhere you have to adjust the intensity a bit lower, that’s gain; you’re responding to your body’s capability for that day.
2. Sleep – You want a good workout, well you need to get a good sleep in. I cannot decide the hours for you but a tired body cannot give 💯 percent in a workout. Oh you can go through the motion, but why? You should want to get the most out of your workout so get that slumber in.
3. Nutrition- So important, don’t over eat as well as don’t under eat.
4. Commit- How many days are you able to workout each week, commit to that number
5. The scale- yeah, about that gadget, it can only tell you how much you’ve gained or lost and it is important it cannot tell you how you feel about yourself, the new energy you now have, how many reps you’ve increased, increased flexibility, inches lost and so many other changes. Is the scale important, uh yes it has a role but don’t ignore or forget “all those non scale victories”
Okay just know these are a few components and very important in your fitness journey. I still have to remind myself of them so to woo hoo to the components of fitness.
It’s not easy, I previously was doing 2 works and will continue however I’m uncertain which will be my second. I am doing A Barre workout to be specific “Baree Blend” and yes its one of my BOD streaming workouts. If you’re interested in doing a Barre workout send a message in the comment section.
I will continue with Barre however I was combining it with another yes BOD workout 10 ROUNDS, I love it but I’m one that loves to follow the schedule and I am currently unable to. Well only 3 day as week and I was doubling on the weekends to get caught up for the next week. I was drained. I am so good at doing 2 sometimes but not often 3 workouts however I made the choice. I thought on my decision because and only because I like to get benefits on my workouts and not to just through the motion which I feel happened on a few reps this past week end. As much as I love boxing this workout is not the one for with Barre. I want to give this awesome workout full attention so 4 weeks in I put it on the burner and will start new once completed Barre Blend.
Now the purpose is to acknowledge sometimes we have to make CHANGES on our journey, not always easy because if like me we one to keep treading for a win. However if you as I was unable to give your 100 then the tread is a lost. I want to make winning gains on my journey so adjusting was necessary and I’m OKAY WITH THE CHANGE.
Just asking what is your intake on CHANGE for a better outcome? To a week of GREATNESS
Now, what? Before making what change and what change?
Before making a change and to continue on with my fitness journey I had to learn one thing and it took me awhile to learn it. Before making any change and be committed to the journey of the change I learned a lesson to remember. Now this is not a hard lesson but it is one that took a minute (just a phrase) to learn.
What is the lesson ? I had to learn to LOVE ME. Love me just as I was see my good qualities, erasing my negative thoughts of myself and ❤️ me. Loving me was just not accepting me but loving my arms, abdomen, thighs, and knowing I want to change them. I had to love my inner strength and smile at my outer strength as in me and it also applies to you there is greatness within us all that brings smiles and joy to so many.
Loving myself as where I was and am has assisted me in being steadfast in my journey. I can see my progression and look where I may need to tweak my journey. Yes see if I hadn’t learned this powerful lesson I would critic myself when I didn’t see a scale change, not admiring the non scale victories to push me on. Loving the change and feeling it but most of all Loving Myself as is now.
See success whether it is a physical journey, personal social gain, business oriented you must love yourself. If not loving yourself before the change how will you love the change and the journey or you.
So if not already begin today Love yourself, Enjoy your journey, Laugh, Smile and again with every wave of progression LOVE YOURSELF before the change and through out it all.
I did, I was expecting greater results from my 7th week of Barre Blend, however I was so wrong. I gained 1.5 lb. although I lost a few inches I was hoping for a weight loss.
I WAS HOPING, those are words I can shout over and over. HOPING, why, how? There is no results to hoping if you are doing contradictory behavior. I was so off last week on my nutrition, way off. There were a few days I was under caloric intake and then the rest I ate healthy but too much healthy. See it is okay to eat healthy but even in healthy nutrition it has to be in proportion with your activity level. Yeah I WAS OVER. Okay knowing all I’ve shared how could I want different result. As always I have shouted to myself, “If you want change then you have to change”. If you want greater results then you must put in the time of necessary for the change. I did neither of this so yeah again I wanted change but my behavior said I didn’t.
So, yes, this week I’ve already written down what I need to implement to achieve the change I want on my fitness journey. Sometimes we need to just tweak and get it done.
It is a MUST especially now,, and I am constantly reminding myself. With all that is going on in the world today and the virus. It is frightening especially if you are a healthcare worker as I and or an individual that is required to appear on the job as scheduled.
I say be aware of what is occurring, use every precaution necessary to protect yourself, but most of all don’t forget your focus. I am reminding myself to stay focus on my fitness journey because the news updates can depress you, me all of us. Let’s not forget we still have to live and that does not mean connecting to the media 24 hours or every awakening hour.
I am one to say how afraid I was, the changes although to protect us all and how quiet it feels even if there are many disregarding alerts as well as precaution. IT CAN BE DEPRESSING.
Again I urge us ALL to stay focus, live the life we are provide daily, apply the precautions (handwashing, washing off equipment in gym, cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing, or when at work wash equipment, if you are seek beyond your know allergies (this is allergy season) contact your PCP). Most of all KEEP THE FOCUS.
To weeks of adhering to precautions and Keeping Your Focus.
There are days I get confused myself with power and strength. With that said I’ve come to my conclusion and it works for me.
It takes both power and strength to endure on my path. I need the strength for lifting and push through on a challenging workout as this also applies to challenges in life. I also need the strength to be patient with my self and again sometimes in life challenges oh in so many ways in life challenges.
I need the power to increase my weights and actually lift, because if I cant lift then why would I increase. I need the power to roll out of bed on those 3 AM mornings.
I definitely need both the power and strength in my mindset. Being honest with myself I have to change my mindset sometimes in my goals because the fear is there and that negative doubting voice is also there. It takes power and strength to push through that fear and both to shut up that negative voice.
I guess it is safe to say whatever applies to an individual, for me I have to say both. What applies to you? Which ever make this week and this to come of both POWER and STRENGTH.
Reflecting on my fitness journey and the struggles I had at the beginning and how many times I begin and stopped. Really the the number is, I don’t know but I can say it was greater than 20. Yes that many and why? It took me a long while to understand me and why I would stop. The BIGGEST reason and it was only one, the others were just excuses to satisfy myself.
The BIGGEST REASON, I was not accepting me for me for the now. I was not happy with myself, how I look and how I felt and just kept thinking I don’t like me. I was not accepting myself for where I was and the person I was at that time. When I begin to accept me just as I was and looking at myself loving me for me just as I was but willing to adjust you know begin tweaking me. Yes, accepting myself I was able to see what changes I wanted to do and those I could implement immediately, plans, writing it down, staying focus. I had to accept the current me to grow into the me I wanted to be.
But this applies to not just fitness journey, it applies to any journey. So today if you’re wanting change and keep stopping to start over again, I ask you to STOP the stopping. I want you to ACCEPT YOU just as you are right now, love you. Now the changes you want, the goals, write them down, and every day evaluate, tweak but continue to ACCEPT YOU and keep moving toward those goals.
What the heck, who wants to gain doing workouts? Well that depends on your goal and it is all positive.
If you’re working out with weights there are benefits, yes you will gain muscle, heavier weights you will bulk up. You can also get firmer and toner even leaner with weights. For the females with that fear of bulk, it’s your weight lift or squat. In other words how heavy, but before you bulk you will burn so many calories. Oh yeah your nutrition will have to also change for a bulk.
But the gains I’m focused on is all personal.
1. Attitude is positive and if you’re already there then it is enhanced
2. Personal appearance, you give it a little more attention and you should because your inner beauty or handsome good looks begin to exhibit. Now I want to share that inner to outer beauty was always there sometimes being hard on ourselves we don’t always see it. But now you are feeling it and your outer vision on you begin to see a different person.
3. You feel powerful on decisions and with this just may be open to more challenges you once feared.
4. Nutrition will change and once again you feel power and energized- “come on workouts”
5. Interactions with family, friends, co-workers, colleagues totally change. They will be at a loss. It’s okay sometimes a shock is good for a few of them.
So as that scale slowly change or fluctuates just remember all the “WORKOUT GAINS”. I’ve shared only a few but there are so many more.