I did a sample workout, I’ve been thrilled to do because I’d done a couple of the trainer’s workout before. Now in case you didn’t know I stream my workouts, which for me has so many benefits. Yes, the benefits but that is not my focus today. I did a workout and it was just a 30 minute sample. After the workout I felt the adrenaline just flowing and I was excited I did the entire workout without stopping.
Now I have did boxing on You Tube and each time I was sweaty and felt ever so good. However this workout was different, there is boxing, weight lifting and an ab workout. Yeah, I even decreased my starting weight, recommended is light, medium and heavy. From experience I know not to jump too high in the beginning until you get to know what the workouts will be like and which angle the trainer is using. I decided on 5, 12 and 15 lbs.. I never used the 5 lbs. This was Saturday’s workout and I felt nothing until I woke up today, Sunday. My muscles each and everyone of them is feeling yesterday’s workout, greater in the back, shoulders and butt. I’m wondering what the full workout will be like, but since I’m currently during a Barre and have 3 weeks late until I answer that question. But My Oh My is my response. Boxing at a new level.
I am at that point. I completed week 4 of my current workout Barre Blend. I’m excited to have made this far for several reasons and they are all mixed.
1. When I begin the first day and the first 10 minutes in I was thinking this is really low impact and on this day using the recommended weights 1-5 lbs., my choice 5. I had the 8 lbs. ready because really I THOUGHT 20 lbs. maybe this is combination workout.
2. Combination workout ballet, Pilates, yoga, light strength, kickboxing. Now why would this program recommend such light weights.
3. Did I mention it’s a combination workout well within 10 minutes may have been 9 I understood. I checked my weights did I accidently pickup the 8’s or 10 lbs. NOPE 5 lbs. and I quickly reduced to 3 lbs. and have been there for 4 weeks.
4. Honestly a few of the routines I had to drop the weights to nothing because I was losing form and balance oh endurance too. I first contributed the drop of endurance to me sometimes doing a pre-workout before my workout. My pre-workouts are usually 1-3 miles on the treadmill and 2 miles on the elliptical beginning at speed of 3.4 up to 7 but today I begin at 3.5 and increased to 8.5.
But it wasn’t the pre-workout that challenged my endurance and barre workout it was both the weights and a new approach to fitness on a new level.
5. As always follow the recommendation of the trainer.
This week-end sometime I will be purchasing 1lb. weights and maybe 2 lbs., because I know this low impact, high intensity will be challenging as each week the intensity increases and I want to be better (though I have improved) than the past 4 weeks.
My workouts some days are challenging especially when my RA is painful and a swollen joint or two. I’ve had followers and friends state they are not sure how or why I workouts with swollen joint, so I want to clarify. I’ve hade RA since childhood and there wasn’t a lot of excuses and believe it or not I am better as an adult than a child with RA. I will never compare my flares with others as everyone’s pain is different as well as how each of us is able to deal with the pain.
I really try not to allow my pain unless it is severe dictate my day, so that is why I use a towel. That is my workout towel on my exercise mat. I use it for extra cushion for my left thumb. There are days I am unable to put pressure on my left hand . If I try I am fallling over , slipping because my balance is off. BUT with the extra cushion it really decreases the pressure and impact of my weight on the left hand and I can do my workout without laughing at myself. Yes I do that too and so would you if you saw a rep without the towel. Now I also use the towel at times for the right knee but not often.
I just want to share if you really want to workout there is a way to adjust and sometimes you have to be created for yourself. Of course I do not recommend anyone to push themselves beyond their level of comfort or safety- KNOW YOUR LIMITS. I know mine. And for now the towel works.
To a week of pushing through and not allowing RA always dictate our next moves in working out. If you have a deficit of any kind I am saluting you too- Adjust and Push through. WE GOT THIS.
This is a question I was recently asked ” How do you know what’s the best workout”. Sadly I could not answer the question. Now don’t get startled before I share my reason.
I believe all workouts are “The Best”, yes I do. Now the concerns are is the workout for you, the intensity – too much or too little. If it’s weights are you able to use weights and most people are. Let me pause you can use 3 pound weights until they feel like 1 pound for as long as you like. You do not have to increase because the trainer or it is recommended. For certain EVERY trainer wants you to be safe, the gains will come.
Best workouts really depends on the relationship you have with your body and mindset. You know your limits when you’ve exceeded or have not given your 100. NOW the biggest challenge is YOUR COMMITMENT. If you are NOT committed to follow through with a trainer whether it is at the gym or like me using the trainers on BEACHBODYONDEMAND my favorite at home workout for unlimited positive reasons, your response to the workout may be negative BUT the blame is ???
Follow through means the entire program because response to workouts vary among all of us and for certain 2 days or 1 week may not or only show a small response. Follow through also means adhering to the nutrition (I still struggle sometimes with nutrition). Follow through means being aware of the non scale victories- inches lost, feeling good about yourself, the extra rep or two you can perform, weights increased on a workout, increased positive response to life.
Discover YOUR Best workout begin and or continue because I think you are AWESOME.
Photo by Miguel u00c1. Padriu00f1u00e1n on Pexels.com
Once again here I am sharing my fitness journey, I love to because really it is not easy as a 1, 2, 3. I have to prepare. I have to mentally tell my self WHY I am on the journey, which sometimes require a few minutes of meditation. The meditation helps me to prepare my mind and body, to calm down to temporarily remove thoughts of the what needs to be done later, and concerns of others …. I have to focus on myself .
I focus on my strength and power within to give my all or as I usually say my 100 through the entire workout. Just a reminder my 100 varies it can be be an 80 but for that day it is a 100 because that is what’s in the tank .
My favorite “JUMP TO IT JUICE”, which I drink 20- 30 prior to my workouts on 80% of my workouts propels me to higher levels of energy.
I’m sure there are a few things I may add to my preparation, but these are the tops and they work for me.
To a week of productive and awesome workouts also to filling your 100.
Beginning my workout journey wasn’t easy. I’d look at other females regardless of age and would compare their results especially if it appeared we were doing the same workouts.
Reality since that time has taught me several things and has kept my journey ongoing even when it seems I am at a plateau.
1. We all have different DNA and body shapes, metabolism in workouts and nutrition differs.
2. Not knowing 100 percent what some one is consuming and how many workouts they are doing
3. The BIGGEST LESSON was, If I. Give 100 percent of each workout results will come. Now on this 100 percent, it can vary. Yes this isn’t a test of grading but giving my all you know there are days in a workout you feel a bit off but if you give your all as I learned that is my 100 for that day, tomorrow may be better and most of the time it is.
4. Being true to myself and applauding my progress as you should will get us to our goals.
5. FOLLOW the process of whatever workout you do, me it’s BEACHBODY and currently I am doing LIIFTFORMATION which is a hybrid of LIIFT4 @joelfreemanfitness and Transformation 20 @shaunt.
6. IGNORE those not on a journey. NOW everyone is not on a fitness journey but could be on a journey to improve certain aspect of their life. I only am saying ignore those not on a journey because they will not understand the struggles and seldom cheer for the accomplishments.
To a week of APPLAUDING, REWARDING OUR PROGRESS and Knowing Comparison is not ALWAYS a good thing.
WE ARE CHAMPIONS
My fitness journey like so many has ups and down but there is one thing I know for certain it is necessary for me to combine my workouts with cardio and weights.
It took me awhile to like weights, what got me interested? There are a several reasons :
1. With my history of eating disorder it has assisted (not solely) in increasing my metabolism.
2. Weights has assisted me in giving shape to legs, arms and (in the works) lift that butt and the boobs.
3. I feel stronger also.
Now for the cardio- endurance, fat burning but so are weights, toning and leaning out muscles. By the way it took me a minute to realize with continuous weight training and no cardio, my muscles become define and contracted that it shorten my stretching another reason to combine the both.
All of my reasons for the combination which I am certain I have left out a few, these are my REASONS and may or may not apply to anyone else.
To a week of workouts, choose what works best for you and go get it.