I did a sample workout, I’ve been thrilled to do because I’d done a couple of the trainer’s workout before. Now in case you didn’t know I stream my workouts, which for me has so many benefits. Yes, the benefits but that is not my focus today. I did a workout and it was just a 30 minute sample. After the workout I felt the adrenaline just flowing and I was excited I did the entire workout without stopping.
Now I have did boxing on You Tube and each time I was sweaty and felt ever so good. However this workout was different, there is boxing, weight lifting and an ab workout. Yeah, I even decreased my starting weight, recommended is light, medium and heavy. From experience I know not to jump too high in the beginning until you get to know what the workouts will be like and which angle the trainer is using. I decided on 5, 12 and 15 lbs.. I never used the 5 lbs. This was Saturday’s workout and I felt nothing until I woke up today, Sunday. My muscles each and everyone of them is feeling yesterday’s workout, greater in the back, shoulders and butt. I’m wondering what the full workout will be like, but since I’m currently during a Barre and have 3 weeks late until I answer that question. But My Oh My is my response. Boxing at a new level.
I am at that point. I completed week 4 of my current workout Barre Blend. I’m excited to have made this far for several reasons and they are all mixed.
1. When I begin the first day and the first 10 minutes in I was thinking this is really low impact and on this day using the recommended weights 1-5 lbs., my choice 5. I had the 8 lbs. ready because really I THOUGHT 20 lbs. maybe this is combination workout.
2. Combination workout ballet, Pilates, yoga, light strength, kickboxing. Now why would this program recommend such light weights.
3. Did I mention it’s a combination workout well within 10 minutes may have been 9 I understood. I checked my weights did I accidently pickup the 8’s or 10 lbs. NOPE 5 lbs. and I quickly reduced to 3 lbs. and have been there for 4 weeks.
4. Honestly a few of the routines I had to drop the weights to nothing because I was losing form and balance oh endurance too. I first contributed the drop of endurance to me sometimes doing a pre-workout before my workout. My pre-workouts are usually 1-3 miles on the treadmill and 2 miles on the elliptical beginning at speed of 3.4 up to 7 but today I begin at 3.5 and increased to 8.5.
But it wasn’t the pre-workout that challenged my endurance and barre workout it was both the weights and a new approach to fitness on a new level.
5. As always follow the recommendation of the trainer.
This week-end sometime I will be purchasing 1lb. weights and maybe 2 lbs., because I know this low impact, high intensity will be challenging as each week the intensity increases and I want to be better (though I have improved) than the past 4 weeks.
It is so important to know your body and how it responds under stress. Under stress I mean a workout. Everyone does not respond the same.
There are different times and I have no idea what make a difference I will have what I call “my jump to it juice” powerful energy drink to get me started on my workout. My juice gives me that extra I need to push harder especially if it’s a weight lifting day included with an intense cardio workout. Now there are days I have to have substance like food which is usually almond butter on multi grain toast with 1/4 banana sliced. However unlike my juice which I am ready to go for it in 20-30 minutes, I must wait an hour. I know an hour is a lot of time too many but I will get so nauseous if I push it. There are friends that can eat a nice healthy breakfast and 20- 30 minutes later they are fueled up and ready to give their workout 100 +. I can’t, Ive tried several times not for me.
Now on the other side there are so many can go on a cup of strong coffee or just nothing. Again it is important to know what works for you to begin your workout and to endure the workout. Yes now that you are in it, make certain you also are hydrated well during your workout. Know your body because H20 maybe enough but you may need to add electrolytes, there are many choices or a few dashes of Himalayan salt. Just stay tuned to the body and know what works and what doesn’t.
To weeks of getting your body fueled for awesome workouts.
Happy New Year!!!!!. There are several things I now as well as you- 2020 begins a new decade, a new year and for many new resolutions. It’s the resolutions I’d like to focus on. Why?, well I once made resolutions and they were great, I followed through for a minute which means about a month for me then slacking and more slacking and then the resolution just vanished especially on my fitness journey.
What changed I did, instead of resolutions I opted for a change of lifestyle which is not or shall I say was not an easy transition. I had to first commit to myself and rate did I really want to make changes, which ones I would commit to no matter what. I wrote a letter to myself for me to look at every day which detailed my WHY and it was for only 30 days. As I said it was not an easy transition for me on my fitness journey at first. Noticing small changes in myself assisted me and I was able to extend for an additional 30 days and the journey begin.
I’ve learned it was easy to make a life style change, evaluate, adjust versus a resolution or resolutions. It was easy to toss a resolution first because I wasn’t committed and sometimes it or they were not realistic but a life style change with whys and adjustment for me was so much easier. I’m thrilled I recognized what works for me.
How about you? Are you beginning a fitness journey and made resolutions for the journey? I ask are they realistic? Will you stay committed? I know you can but make it a lifestyle change begin with small changes and stay 100 percent to it and every 30 day evaluate and adjust and you too will recognize the difference in resolution and life style change.
I have been asked this question so many times in the past weeks. First I want to say I have nothing against going to the gym, it just does not work for me for several reasons and I will share.
1. By the time I get dress drive to the gym, check in place my clothes in the locker room- my stream workout is done.
2. If I’m tired in my commute from work or just had a long tiring day and need to unwind I’m not going to stop by the gym. However if I go home and relax I can workout at home.
3. I can be dress in any attire to workout on my stream
4. My fit community is so supportive and positive and even more motivating
5. I need structure. There is a calendar for me to follow and the trainers are just awesome also motivating, encouraging and just real.
6. My trainers are available 24/7 on stream and if necessary I can DM them on IG.
7. Last for now, IT’S MY CHOICE AND APPEASING TO ME.
Do you know the value of small changes? I am aware there are people that really want to make a physical change and begin their fitness journey but will not because of easy excuses:
1. I don’t have time or my time is limited – I know but just start anywhere, 5 minutes of a workout will begin a process and progress and outweighs NOTHING
2. My days are so limited – okay commit to the day or days you do have again JUST GET STARTED
3. I’m not sure if I can lift as much as others, run as long , squat as low and so on- uh huh its not about others, its about YOU. Yes you give your best, stop measuring your self to others.
Making the small changes, commit, 5 minutes, one day two days, lift 2 lbs, run 30 seconds squat as low as you can and with consistency all of this will change and those small changes will add up and not only that you will be so proud of yourself. How do I know, because this was once me.
That’s right, change isn’t instant. On my fitness journey I hear this, “what are you doing? How long do you workout? What time do you get up to workout? How many days do you workout? The most common conversation is I need to join you, I think we can do it together don’t you. Of course I always respond I’m delighted and then well it goes down .
Why. Because after I answer the question or questions I then get another response. NO that’s too long, no too many days a week, I can not workout that early. Now I do understand the timing because a few days I am up working out at 3:30 AM or 4. If I say okay I’ll adjust to the evenings the response becomes oh that’s a bit late to workout don’t you think. Perhaps, I guess. Maybe you really don’t want to do this with me, I don’t really say it but the words are in bold, big print in my thoughts.
CHANGE does not come instant if you are looking for change in your fitness help. YOU must first decide you want it and commit. Secondly you may need to make adjustment in your daily schedule. I was one that repeatedly said “ I don’t have the time”. This was partially true. I didn’t have time for the drive to and from the gym but I did have time for home workouts. Not saying gyms are a waste of time, when I had that time I did go to the gym, but sometimes life changes and we have to adjust, I had to adjust.
Adjust and not stop. I did stop and used self satisfying excuses. Home workouts with beachbodyondemand.com have been so rewarding for me, dang it no excuses. Even with home workouts my body’s response fluctuates but there is change. Without commitment to yourself change will not come and then not instantly…..UNLESS you get the surgeon on board then of course it is instant.
Commit to yourself, Change is coming, You just have to open the door and walk in.