Alignment is so important in out life. Just as we make certain our vehicles, portraits, wall decorations, furniture is aligned so must our life. I didn’t realize until my recent muscle injury our was off alignment. In my fitness life & journey I must realize it has to be aligned with my life.
Alignment doesn’t mean just yoga, meditation, essential oils, reading or and listening to motivational books, podcasts, following motivational individuals on SM, being a part of groups also of positive reflection & motivation, journaling. Although it is all great and needed but applying what we hear or learn is utmost important . I was in need of realignment. I had become complacent and was unaware. That injury down time. To assist me I returned to the use of my Panda planner which has so many areas to write down focus. It aides me to focus on all ares become aligned with my several goals/intentions.
I know we all have different methods to stay aligned and to eradicate the complacent slope. How are you staying aligned?
I can only think as I share my journey with many of all ages and hear these sayings. “WHAT”. Okay a list and I’m not sure if these are to deter me, mock me or if people believe it.
1. Is this workout appropriate for your age? Is there an age limit to workouts, if you can do it well do it.
2. What’s your reason, I don’t understand. My workout reason is that I enjoy it, the way I feel in so many ways and YOU don’t need to understand my why for my fitness, however if you’d like to join me to experience the joy, fun and change I am, well come on over Let’s Do This.
3. Are you afraid of injury, I thought you had RA. Yes, I do have RA and if I’m not flaring I’m good and if I am I just adjust the move, weight or whatever is necessary for me to complete the workout. Yes, I’m afraid, afraid I will become lazy, unhealthy and let others decide MY designation in MY fitness journey.
4. I was told that after a certain age blah blah blah. Really and no one ever told you to encourage others, or not to place limitations on your self, maybe someone said your age should not define your capability or stop your growth in every possible area of your life and that does include fitness.
I encourage ANYONE that wants to begin a fitness regimen PLEASE do so. You are denying yourself if you listen to the whispers that say no, you can’t, or don’t.
It’s time to drown out the whispers and become You for YOU. Do IT
It’s not easy, I previously was doing 2 works and will continue however I’m uncertain which will be my second. I am doing A Barre workout to be specific “Baree Blend” and yes its one of my BOD streaming workouts. If you’re interested in doing a Barre workout send a message in the comment section.
I will continue with Barre however I was combining it with another yes BOD workout 10 ROUNDS, I love it but I’m one that loves to follow the schedule and I am currently unable to. Well only 3 day as week and I was doubling on the weekends to get caught up for the next week. I was drained. I am so good at doing 2 sometimes but not often 3 workouts however I made the choice. I thought on my decision because and only because I like to get benefits on my workouts and not to just through the motion which I feel happened on a few reps this past week end. As much as I love boxing this workout is not the one for with Barre. I want to give this awesome workout full attention so 4 weeks in I put it on the burner and will start new once completed Barre Blend.
Now the purpose is to acknowledge sometimes we have to make CHANGES on our journey, not always easy because if like me we one to keep treading for a win. However if you as I was unable to give your 100 then the tread is a lost. I want to make winning gains on my journey so adjusting was necessary and I’m OKAY WITH THE CHANGE.
Just asking what is your intake on CHANGE for a better outcome? To a week of GREATNESS
I’m currently doing two workouts and they are so different and each has worked my body differently with sweating, huffing, puffing, balance and challenged me to new levels.
Barre Blend- my second round of this workout, it first stoked me because my expectations were so wrong and now it challenges me. What is barre- well it is a combination of Pilates, ballet, yoga, muscle strengthening, kickboxing, abs, dance and lots of fun. The equipment well it’s your decision, however as I do lift heavy this workout or these workouts says NO. No heavy weights I begin with 5, then 3 and am steady with 2 lb. weights. I love Barre Blend (streamed on BOD)
Boxing well yeah that’s 10 Rounds on BOD. Three days of boxing 10 rounds- 7 rounds include boxing, 2 rounds are agility which is cardio with strengthening moves using loops sometimes and always a towel and 1 round of ab workout. I love 10 Rounds. Which was to be 2 week with barre although it is a 6 week program. Today I started week 3.
I can’t decide which to concentrate the most on so for now I’m giving each my 💯 And before my muscle become complete immobile from either workout I hope I’ll decide which one to continue with until then I’m a barre boxing gal,
I did a sample workout, I’ve been thrilled to do because I’d done a couple of the trainer’s workout before. Now in case you didn’t know I stream my workouts, which for me has so many benefits. Yes, the benefits but that is not my focus today. I did a workout and it was just a 30 minute sample. After the workout I felt the adrenaline just flowing and I was excited I did the entire workout without stopping.
Now I have did boxing on You Tube and each time I was sweaty and felt ever so good. However this workout was different, there is boxing, weight lifting and an ab workout. Yeah, I even decreased my starting weight, recommended is light, medium and heavy. From experience I know not to jump too high in the beginning until you get to know what the workouts will be like and which angle the trainer is using. I decided on 5, 12 and 15 lbs.. I never used the 5 lbs. This was Saturday’s workout and I felt nothing until I woke up today, Sunday. My muscles each and everyone of them is feeling yesterday’s workout, greater in the back, shoulders and butt. I’m wondering what the full workout will be like, but since I’m currently during a Barre and have 3 weeks late until I answer that question. But My Oh My is my response. Boxing at a new level.
I am at that point. I completed week 4 of my current workout Barre Blend. I’m excited to have made this far for several reasons and they are all mixed.
1. When I begin the first day and the first 10 minutes in I was thinking this is really low impact and on this day using the recommended weights 1-5 lbs., my choice 5. I had the 8 lbs. ready because really I THOUGHT 20 lbs. maybe this is combination workout.
2. Combination workout ballet, Pilates, yoga, light strength, kickboxing. Now why would this program recommend such light weights.
3. Did I mention it’s a combination workout well within 10 minutes may have been 9 I understood. I checked my weights did I accidently pickup the 8’s or 10 lbs. NOPE 5 lbs. and I quickly reduced to 3 lbs. and have been there for 4 weeks.
4. Honestly a few of the routines I had to drop the weights to nothing because I was losing form and balance oh endurance too. I first contributed the drop of endurance to me sometimes doing a pre-workout before my workout. My pre-workouts are usually 1-3 miles on the treadmill and 2 miles on the elliptical beginning at speed of 3.4 up to 7 but today I begin at 3.5 and increased to 8.5.
But it wasn’t the pre-workout that challenged my endurance and barre workout it was both the weights and a new approach to fitness on a new level.
5. As always follow the recommendation of the trainer.
This week-end sometime I will be purchasing 1lb. weights and maybe 2 lbs., because I know this low impact, high intensity will be challenging as each week the intensity increases and I want to be better (though I have improved) than the past 4 weeks.
It is so important to know your body and how it responds under stress. Under stress I mean a workout. Everyone does not respond the same.
There are different times and I have no idea what make a difference I will have what I call “my jump to it juice” powerful energy drink to get me started on my workout. My juice gives me that extra I need to push harder especially if it’s a weight lifting day included with an intense cardio workout. Now there are days I have to have substance like food which is usually almond butter on multi grain toast with 1/4 banana sliced. However unlike my juice which I am ready to go for it in 20-30 minutes, I must wait an hour. I know an hour is a lot of time too many but I will get so nauseous if I push it. There are friends that can eat a nice healthy breakfast and 20- 30 minutes later they are fueled up and ready to give their workout 100 +. I can’t, Ive tried several times not for me.
Now on the other side there are so many can go on a cup of strong coffee or just nothing. Again it is important to know what works for you to begin your workout and to endure the workout. Yes now that you are in it, make certain you also are hydrated well during your workout. Know your body because H20 maybe enough but you may need to add electrolytes, there are many choices or a few dashes of Himalayan salt. Just stay tuned to the body and know what works and what doesn’t.
To weeks of getting your body fueled for awesome workouts.
Happy New Year!!!!!. There are several things I now as well as you- 2020 begins a new decade, a new year and for many new resolutions. It’s the resolutions I’d like to focus on. Why?, well I once made resolutions and they were great, I followed through for a minute which means about a month for me then slacking and more slacking and then the resolution just vanished especially on my fitness journey.
What changed I did, instead of resolutions I opted for a change of lifestyle which is not or shall I say was not an easy transition. I had to first commit to myself and rate did I really want to make changes, which ones I would commit to no matter what. I wrote a letter to myself for me to look at every day which detailed my WHY and it was for only 30 days. As I said it was not an easy transition for me on my fitness journey at first. Noticing small changes in myself assisted me and I was able to extend for an additional 30 days and the journey begin.
I’ve learned it was easy to make a life style change, evaluate, adjust versus a resolution or resolutions. It was easy to toss a resolution first because I wasn’t committed and sometimes it or they were not realistic but a life style change with whys and adjustment for me was so much easier. I’m thrilled I recognized what works for me.
How about you? Are you beginning a fitness journey and made resolutions for the journey? I ask are they realistic? Will you stay committed? I know you can but make it a lifestyle change begin with small changes and stay 100 percent to it and every 30 day evaluate and adjust and you too will recognize the difference in resolution and life style change.
I have been asked this question so many times in the past weeks. First I want to say I have nothing against going to the gym, it just does not work for me for several reasons and I will share.
1. By the time I get dress drive to the gym, check in place my clothes in the locker room- my stream workout is done.
2. If I’m tired in my commute from work or just had a long tiring day and need to unwind I’m not going to stop by the gym. However if I go home and relax I can workout at home.
3. I can be dress in any attire to workout on my stream
4. My fit community is so supportive and positive and even more motivating
5. I need structure. There is a calendar for me to follow and the trainers are just awesome also motivating, encouraging and just real.
6. My trainers are available 24/7 on stream and if necessary I can DM them on IG.
7. Last for now, IT’S MY CHOICE AND APPEASING TO ME.
Do you know the value of small changes? I am aware there are people that really want to make a physical change and begin their fitness journey but will not because of easy excuses:
1. I don’t have time or my time is limited – I know but just start anywhere, 5 minutes of a workout will begin a process and progress and outweighs NOTHING
2. My days are so limited – okay commit to the day or days you do have again JUST GET STARTED
3. I’m not sure if I can lift as much as others, run as long , squat as low and so on- uh huh its not about others, its about YOU. Yes you give your best, stop measuring your self to others.
Making the small changes, commit, 5 minutes, one day two days, lift 2 lbs, run 30 seconds squat as low as you can and with consistency all of this will change and those small changes will add up and not only that you will be so proud of yourself. How do I know, because this was once me.