I am at that point. I completed week 4 of my current workout Barre Blend. I’m excited to have made this far for several reasons and they are all mixed.
1. When I begin the first day and the first 10 minutes in I was thinking this is really low impact and on this day using the recommended weights 1-5 lbs., my choice 5. I had the 8 lbs. ready because really I THOUGHT 20 lbs. maybe this is combination workout.
2. Combination workout ballet, Pilates, yoga, light strength, kickboxing. Now why would this program recommend such light weights.
3. Did I mention it’s a combination workout well within 10 minutes may have been 9 I understood. I checked my weights did I accidently pickup the 8’s or 10 lbs. NOPE 5 lbs. and I quickly reduced to 3 lbs. and have been there for 4 weeks.
4. Honestly a few of the routines I had to drop the weights to nothing because I was losing form and balance oh endurance too. I first contributed the drop of endurance to me sometimes doing a pre-workout before my workout. My pre-workouts are usually 1-3 miles on the treadmill and 2 miles on the elliptical beginning at speed of 3.4 up to 7 but today I begin at 3.5 and increased to 8.5.
But it wasn’t the pre-workout that challenged my endurance and barre workout it was both the weights and a new approach to fitness on a new level.
5. As always follow the recommendation of the trainer.
This week-end sometime I will be purchasing 1lb. weights and maybe 2 lbs., because I know this low impact, high intensity will be challenging as each week the intensity increases and I want to be better (though I have improved) than the past 4 weeks.
To a week of progression.