Yes, and yes I do. I had a person I chat with that once was on a regular but I am re thinking our association. Okay that’s neither here or there. Oh yeah and Yes I do is not me committing to a proposal but acknowledge that I have body fat. Yes I do.
I am on a fitness journey and believe me I have made HUGE changes in my body and physique. Am I where I want to be?, well let me think uh. NO. I will continue to workout and do as I am doing now. Yes I do need to focus a bit more on my nutrition but again I have come a long ways.
Critiquing my body and me where I am today will not stop me on my journey because I am not where you think I should be or because a fitness journey for life change is not just about appearance though it counts. There are so many non scale victories that only the individual will see and feel before others.
With that said YES I DO and YES I WILL continue on my journey regardless of the negative thoughts of others.
This week I’m encouraging all to stay focused, be you and your goal is reachable.
To change, on my fitness journey I’m always looking and listening. Okay let me clarify I look for ways to improve my current journey what can I also include in my fitness and nutrition. I’m not in any going to exclude my current workout. I had to learn the not so easy way.
To change I must
A. Be committed
B. Want the change
C. Be willing to follow the leader which means the program trainer and nutrition
E. Ask questions when in doubt instead of just quitting
F. Being committed means to not just say it but show up and do it
G. Evaluate before saying it doesn’t work for me, evaluate if I did 100% of what was required
Theses are a few assessments I learned of me to make change and see change on my fitness journey, how about you?
I have been asked this question so many times in the past weeks. First I want to say I have nothing against going to the gym, it just does not work for me for several reasons and I will share.
1. By the time I get dress drive to the gym, check in place my clothes in the locker room- my stream workout is done.
2. If I’m tired in my commute from work or just had a long tiring day and need to unwind I’m not going to stop by the gym. However if I go home and relax I can workout at home.
3. I can be dress in any attire to workout on my stream
4. My fit community is so supportive and positive and even more motivating
5. I need structure. There is a calendar for me to follow and the trainers are just awesome also motivating, encouraging and just real.
6. My trainers are available 24/7 on stream and if necessary I can DM them on IG.
7. Last for now, IT’S MY CHOICE AND APPEASING TO ME.
Working out for fitness and seeing the body’s response can be fast or slow. This is the tea- WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT.
Knowing that we are different is to say there will be different responses. The worst thing is to compare your body’s response to another. I learned this and had to refocus on ME. I know that my metabolism is off due to my history of an eating disorder and it’s going to take a bit more of everything not just workouts but nutrition as well. With this known I know my response to any workout program is going to be slower. Am I upset well NO.
If you want CHANGE it is first to know yourself. Knowing yourself is to know your body. Cardio workouts may give you little response and weight lifting may display a huge change or vice versa. Proteins, carbohydrates, vegetables, fruits, healthy fats does not react the same in everyone. Again I say, know your body and if you don’t just move things around and figure it out or consult a nutrition, metabolism testing helps decide which food groups works best for you. But whatever you DON’T STOP” just because your results are not as fast as someone else or different body parts are responding slower.
Also don’t forget the non scale victory or should I say victories because there are so many. Just keep working out and know and believe change is happening and your goal awaits. To weeks of VICTORY for working out I’m saluting you with an extra lift.
It is, and I’d say it one thousand times. There are many struggles for me on my fitness journey.
1. Pushing myself to workout when I want to be just lazy which is not a good idea because I know me I’d use that excuse even when I’m not.
2. Making certain I don’t over indulge when I’m celebrating with friends and family. It is so easy to over indulge and there is a difference between enjoying yourself, (which I do) and over indulging. When I consume way too much my workouts are TOUGH. I be breathing harder, a 40 pound dumbbell feels like 90, two jumping jacks feel like I’ve ran a mile so I’ve learned, however there are a few times I forget.
3. When life challenges appear and you want to throw in the towel and just stop everything. For life challenges drain me, energy and all. On these time I PRAY and ask God for guidance and strength. Of course I read and listen to Personal Development books and podcast.
These are a few of my struggles and I pedal through, keep the focus and goal in my vision. For those who struggle just know you are not alone and you too should keep the focus and goal and know your goals are achievable.
Do you know the value of small changes? I am aware there are people that really want to make a physical change and begin their fitness journey but will not because of easy excuses:
1. I don’t have time or my time is limited – I know but just start anywhere, 5 minutes of a workout will begin a process and progress and outweighs NOTHING
2. My days are so limited – okay commit to the day or days you do have again JUST GET STARTED
3. I’m not sure if I can lift as much as others, run as long , squat as low and so on- uh huh its not about others, its about YOU. Yes you give your best, stop measuring your self to others.
Making the small changes, commit, 5 minutes, one day two days, lift 2 lbs, run 30 seconds squat as low as you can and with consistency all of this will change and those small changes will add up and not only that you will be so proud of yourself. How do I know, because this was once me.
That’s right, change isn’t instant. On my fitness journey I hear this, “what are you doing? How long do you workout? What time do you get up to workout? How many days do you workout? The most common conversation is I need to join you, I think we can do it together don’t you. Of course I always respond I’m delighted and then well it goes down .
Why. Because after I answer the question or questions I then get another response. NO that’s too long, no too many days a week, I can not workout that early. Now I do understand the timing because a few days I am up working out at 3:30 AM or 4. If I say okay I’ll adjust to the evenings the response becomes oh that’s a bit late to workout don’t you think. Perhaps, I guess. Maybe you really don’t want to do this with me, I don’t really say it but the words are in bold, big print in my thoughts.
CHANGE does not come instant if you are looking for change in your fitness help. YOU must first decide you want it and commit. Secondly you may need to make adjustment in your daily schedule. I was one that repeatedly said “ I don’t have the time”. This was partially true. I didn’t have time for the drive to and from the gym but I did have time for home workouts. Not saying gyms are a waste of time, when I had that time I did go to the gym, but sometimes life changes and we have to adjust, I had to adjust.
Adjust and not stop. I did stop and used self satisfying excuses. Home workouts with beachbodyondemand.com have been so rewarding for me, dang it no excuses. Even with home workouts my body’s response fluctuates but there is change. Without commitment to yourself change will not come and then not instantly…..UNLESS you get the surgeon on board then of course it is instant.
Commit to yourself, Change is coming, You just have to open the door and walk in.