I was asked the question of what’s my “niche” in workouts. I was stunned by the question, fumbled for an answer and just didn’t know how to respond. I didn’t know there was a “niche” for workouts and I really did not answer. The person who asked me responded “so you just do whatever?”. My response was no but please share what type of fitness are you doing?. No response, nothing, I think I heard an ant snore.
Really is there a niche for workouts ? I do follow a calendar, controlled, streaming workout but a “niche”. I need to refocus. Nope I don’t have a niche in my workouts I enjoy others more than others and that depends on my energy and sometimes the challenges make me want to stop (but I don’t).
So for anyone out there trying to find out if I have what I never, ever heard of until recently a NICHE, the answer is NO. I love let me see, hmm, let me think. Oh yeah, got it I love barre (barre blend), boxing (10 Rounds) and a few you tube boxing workouts, Lifting (Liift4, Body Beast, ) and all workouts on beachbodyondemand. I love running on pavement and the treadmill, walking, jogging, yoga, Pilates and dancing. Okay dancing not sure if you know but beach body has dance workouts yep and you burn the calories and not just a few.
Now if you want to try any of the beach body workouts for two weeks and experience the joy and fun of workouts then click on the link.
Another week of great barre workouts, how did I do ? Well I completed with again greater balance, improved elongation in legs in the workout and have learned more ballet terms (don’t test me on them though). My flexibility has improved and I notice in my sitting whether at home, in transportation or at work my posture is higher and more aligned. No change in the weights, I continue to use 2 lb.
I have two weeks remaining, as of today I’m certain if I will do another round of Barre Blend, but for now I’m in love with my current barre workout. I
If you’ve never tried a barre workout, well you’re missing out. However for now whatever workout you’re doing give it your 100 and keep up the good work.
It’s not easy, I previously was doing 2 works and will continue however I’m uncertain which will be my second. I am doing A Barre workout to be specific “Baree Blend” and yes its one of my BOD streaming workouts. If you’re interested in doing a Barre workout send a message in the comment section.
I will continue with Barre however I was combining it with another yes BOD workout 10 ROUNDS, I love it but I’m one that loves to follow the schedule and I am currently unable to. Well only 3 day as week and I was doubling on the weekends to get caught up for the next week. I was drained. I am so good at doing 2 sometimes but not often 3 workouts however I made the choice. I thought on my decision because and only because I like to get benefits on my workouts and not to just through the motion which I feel happened on a few reps this past week end. As much as I love boxing this workout is not the one for with Barre. I want to give this awesome workout full attention so 4 weeks in I put it on the burner and will start new once completed Barre Blend.
Now the purpose is to acknowledge sometimes we have to make CHANGES on our journey, not always easy because if like me we one to keep treading for a win. However if you as I was unable to give your 100 then the tread is a lost. I want to make winning gains on my journey so adjusting was necessary and I’m OKAY WITH THE CHANGE.
Just asking what is your intake on CHANGE for a better outcome? To a week of GREATNESS
Yes, it has. I am still on my fitness journey, but my focus has to change. Why, well I want to be true to me. I know my struggles on this fitness journey of mine. I know how I’ve overcome obstacles, the biggest one was and is “eating disorder of extreme” . I know how my body responds to workouts and nutrition and better to some than others.
With this change I am really hoping it doesn’t take long for my body to respond. I know my body is accustomed to certain time of day and specific days of workout but I will be increasing and splitting the workouts. I know how my body responds to change and I am prepared for the struggle hopefully only 2 – 3 weeks. My body requires programming and my mind must sync with the body. Yeah when that happens it is a bit easier.
I call it change but it is actually tweaking my fitness journey. Tweaking and why, well I’m a bit on a plateau now and I need to come out of it. My focus will be greater on workouts and I know nutrition is SO IMPORTANT but I will have to deal with that later. One at a time. Too many changes well I will set myself up to fail.
I’m sure others can do it all at one time, nope doesn’t work for me. I now just try both NOPE again. I’ve been with this body for a long, long time and I know it, we have a relationship. So first fitness change then nutrition if needed. Changing to unleash a greater me and you know maybe you too can change or tweak what you already know for a greater you. TO OUR GREATNESS
I did, I was expecting greater results from my 7th week of Barre Blend, however I was so wrong. I gained 1.5 lb. although I lost a few inches I was hoping for a weight loss.
I WAS HOPING, those are words I can shout over and over. HOPING, why, how? There is no results to hoping if you are doing contradictory behavior. I was so off last week on my nutrition, way off. There were a few days I was under caloric intake and then the rest I ate healthy but too much healthy. See it is okay to eat healthy but even in healthy nutrition it has to be in proportion with your activity level. Yeah I WAS OVER. Okay knowing all I’ve shared how could I want different result. As always I have shouted to myself, “If you want change then you have to change”. If you want greater results then you must put in the time of necessary for the change. I did neither of this so yeah again I wanted change but my behavior said I didn’t.
So, yes, this week I’ve already written down what I need to implement to achieve the change I want on my fitness journey. Sometimes we need to just tweak and get it done.
Of course we all know nutrition is important, well more so when working out. What so many do not know and I raise my hand or both because I lack the knowledge as well. There are a various types of nutrition and not just unhealthy, healthy and healthier.
There is a nutrition for losing weight, reducing the caloric intake be mindful of the foods you eat. Losing weight also means to make certain you are taking in enough nutrition, if not there can a down side. Yes the scale will show a decrease at first which may be rapidly then the plateau comes along with other health problems. The health problems may come later but not the plateau. If the caloric intake is too low then the body begins to hold onto whatever it can to survive as well as your energy decreases.
To reduce caloric intake make certain you’ve consulted a dietitian, MD or for me Portion fix on BOD. Portion fix breaks down the protein, carbs, fruit and vegetables necessary for a healthy weight loss and it includes about 85% of food we already consume. Now there is another nutrition program I use 2B Mindset, teaches me how to arrange the food on my plate, depending on the time of day, what to eat first, how to enjoy every celebration known. In reducing our intake it is IMPORTANT to get the correct nutrition in for a healthy weight loss. Psst…. I’m still working on my nutrition some days are a bit difficult than others.
Now, If you want to lose weight and pack on the muscles don’t get shocked. Your intake will increase, you will lose the fat but that lean, healthy muscle may not reduce the number on the scale. What does this mean, well you need to decide if. You want tone lean body or if you want tone, lean body with muscles. Either way NUTRITION is key. You can workout for hours but without the right nutrition you just maybe sabotaging your workouts.
Performance and nutrition has such a impact in fitness. Now there are two ways to look at this maybe three.
1. Performance is great whether you are running, weight lifting, cycling just what ever workout you do already you are awesome. Me I do it all just so that I don’t get bored (which is easy) and to prevent my body from hitting or staying in a plateau.
It’s so easy to workout and burn calories, which is awesome however you want to burn calories correctly. Burn calories correct, yes make certain you are burning fat not muscles. How to prevent this, well with nutrition.
2. Nutrition with performance, well if you’re working out to get lean then from my experience not documented in any journal I can decrease caloric intake but Nottingham must be within reason and that is something a person really has to discover. Too low then you will fatigue quickly and drag instead of being energize from a workout and the same is if too many UNLESS. Unless you are bulking for muscle gain.
Hint- lifting weight doesn’t mean you’re bulking, females again you hear that. Weight lifting actually assist faster in burning fat, increasing your metabolism and developing lean muscles. Now if you’re lifting super heavy and increasing calories yep there is a bulk.
Another hint- increasing calories means food with nutritional value and several times a day not 3 meals but 5-7 and a snack again this applies also to develop a lean body.
3. Performance and Nutrition it is so necessary to keep it balanced. Know and keep a log on how your body is responding to the workouts with your nutrition. You can use an app, calorie counting or containers (which is my favorites because it is no counting calories). However another method I sometimes use is 2B Mindset which is neither of the stated.
Evaluate your performance, nutrition and how your body is responding and know your goals.
To a week of Greater performance, improved nutrition as your transformation begins.
I have been asked this question so many times in the past weeks. First I want to say I have nothing against going to the gym, it just does not work for me for several reasons and I will share.
1. By the time I get dress drive to the gym, check in place my clothes in the locker room- my stream workout is done.
2. If I’m tired in my commute from work or just had a long tiring day and need to unwind I’m not going to stop by the gym. However if I go home and relax I can workout at home.
3. I can be dress in any attire to workout on my stream
4. My fit community is so supportive and positive and even more motivating
5. I need structure. There is a calendar for me to follow and the trainers are just awesome also motivating, encouraging and just real.
6. My trainers are available 24/7 on stream and if necessary I can DM them on IG.
7. Last for now, IT’S MY CHOICE AND APPEASING TO ME.
There are many days of recent I am struggling. I struggle with getting my butt in gear to work out because I either stayed up too late- sleep deprivation does hinder my workouts or my nutrition was either in a deficit or I consume a tad bit too many carbs which both makes me just lazy. Now I said lazy not tired and when I’m lazy there is really nothing I am favorable of doing.
My current beachbody – beachbodyondemand workout has a few few routines I struggle with because I want to get the most out of my workout , one being lightning bolt, standing and kneeling. I did modify at the beginning and the struggle oh my when I wanted to progress was a laugh, look like I was hopping, then look as if I was preparing to scare someone or attack them BUT I didn’t stop of give up and I’ve ALMOST perfected the lighting bolt.
I challenged my struggle. On those days I’m struggling to get up and workout, I challenge my body and just do it. Challenging yourself in a positive way can be rewarding. This week how about challenge just one thing you struggle with – make yourself proud of you.
Why yes it it. I know when my workouts are super successful when I am all sweaty, muscles fatigued and I have to sit for a few minutes before contemplating my movements. This is awesome, BUT there is a BUT with an intense workout it is necessary to do several things.
1. HYDRATE –hydration is good for the body and muscles and should be done during and post workout. The choices are enormous and the choice is yours. For me it “Hydrate” that’s the name a supplement that supplies my body the essentials naturally and without added sugars. Water just water is good it is also good to add Himalayan salt to the water. These are my three choices but there are other products I just don’t use them.
2. REPLENISH – replenish the muscles with proteins post workout, again there are many what I love most is “Shakeology” , whey or vegan. My choice is vegan . If the muscles are worked hard, they need to be refueled. Can’t operate on empty or low fuel to an outstanding level. You do know you are outstanding, if not well you’ve been informed so refuel post workouts. Refueling doesn’t necessary have to be a protein shake any protein is good. A shake is my choice.
3. STRETCHING- It’s just easy to complete a workout and move one but stretching post any workout is so important especially with weight lifting. You lengthen the muscles out and get to enjoy the stretch, decrease the chances of increased muscle spasms, you are also cooling both the muscles and the body down as well as your breathing slowly returns to normal.
Overworking the muscles just doesn’t mean giving 100 % but you are giving 150 and more but it is necessary to reward the body as I’ve learned, so it will be prepared for tomorrow’s workout.
To all the over achievers on their workout journey, keep doing you- you are so amazing.