That’s my current workout it’s over in 20 minutes, I’m sweaty and not just a drip or two. I’m soaked. My equipment is a step and before you laugh or raise your brow it is not just a step workout, definitely not one from years ago.
I am a bit puzzle but I am in Phase two of this three phase workout. Each phase is 2 weeks and there are 3- one minute transformer in each, the goal each week is to not just give your 100 but to beat your number from the previous week. It’s a challenge but it’s over in 20 minutes and I’m trying to figure out how a 20 minute workout make you feel as if you’ve worked out for an hour. Where am I now? Phase 2 week 4 and my numbers are up this week even when I had to modify.
All I can say after each workout is “oh my, I did it”.
Beginning my workout journey wasn’t easy. I’d look at other females regardless of age and would compare their results especially if it appeared we were doing the same workouts.
Reality since that time has taught me several things and has kept my journey ongoing even when it seems I am at a plateau.
1. We all have different DNA and body shapes, metabolism in workouts and nutrition differs.
2. Not knowing 100 percent what some one is consuming and how many workouts they are doing
3. The BIGGEST LESSON was, If I. Give 100 percent of each workout results will come. Now on this 100 percent, it can vary. Yes this isn’t a test of grading but giving my all you know there are days in a workout you feel a bit off but if you give your all as I learned that is my 100 for that day, tomorrow may be better and most of the time it is.
4. Being true to myself and applauding my progress as you should will get us to our goals.
5. FOLLOW the process of whatever workout you do, me it’s BEACHBODY and currently I am doing LIIFTFORMATION which is a hybrid of LIIFT4 @joelfreemanfitness and Transformation 20 @shaunt.
6. IGNORE those not on a journey. NOW everyone is not on a fitness journey but could be on a journey to improve certain aspect of their life. I only am saying ignore those not on a journey because they will not understand the struggles and seldom cheer for the accomplishments.
To a week of APPLAUDING, REWARDING OUR PROGRESS and Knowing Comparison is not ALWAYS a good thing.
WE ARE CHAMPIONS
Has there been anyone with this experience whether it be with a new trainer or like me a new workout program. The unexpected can be so challenging in workouts atleast for me again, I develop a fear.
I know you ask what is the fear, you are on a “fitness, health journey”. Indeed I am but I fear failure. Yes, I fear if I am going to have to pause my workout program and how many times or if it will such a challenge I may give up.
Well, my new 20 minute workout is a challenge to begin, I knew it would be but WOW, not as much. For all reading and are roaring with laughter at 20 minutes, STOP. This trainer works you out and every muscle in 20 minutes you feel as if its been at most an hour. Honestly the first day I almost quit, yep you heard it. Today being day 2 I was half way in which was about 10 minutes maybe 9mins 57 seconds. What the hell, either way I stopped took a deep breath as sweat is pouring, NO. No, I cannot do it I tried and my inner challenging voice spoke up “Really, here you go again with this bull crap, shake it off you know tomorrow you are going to be angry for quitting or will that be today”. Shut up inner go get it me, shut the*&#@ up. This transpired for about 2 minutes on pause and I resumed because I knew it wasn’t I could not do the workout, though challenging. I feared the Routine, Failure, and just plain FEAR of change.
I got over myself and completed day 2 I have 6 weeks of this workout and I WILL COMPLETE – yes I’m over the fear now…. The Challenge because its not easy.