Now what does that sound like and how can they be related well I’m going to share with you.
Learning the not so easy way being determined to achieve a goal or goals as I am in my fitness journey is just that….. A DETERMINATION. Writing my goals down adjusting when necessary as this past week due to a slap of upper respiratory infection. But being determined means a focus a commitment and more commitments.
You can be determined to achieve a goal as I once was before I committed. I would be determined to change my nutrition and workouts as they were not working for me. I WANTED change, I whispered it, I shouted it, I even shared it and I know so many laughed and to be honest once I realized my own default I too chuckled.
DETERMINED huh, really okay. But I was not committed. Committing to one day, one week or one month is not determination its a wishful dream. I had to blast myself and still do. If I’m determined to stay on my fitness journey I MUST be COMMITTED.
So now you see how close the two are and they are ever so close.
To ending this decade and beginning a new one with determination and commitment to your goals to OUR goals.
I’ll squat and raise the bar to both
Not the age for what? Nor sue what I am bout to share, well here it it. I have colleagues, friends and relatives that have concern of AGE. Really do you think age stops you from working out, changing your lifestyle? NO it does not.
Beginning any workout regimen is not easy, especially if it has been years and you’ve been lazy or thinking I’m a bit too old for this. STOP and correct your self. Of course it is ALWAYS recommended to ask your physician especially if their or physical limits. Once you get the okay then get ready to go. Be warn you cannot start out at 100 when you are at 5. Don’t be impossible because most likely you will just stop and give return to old habits of…… doing just nothing.
Begin slowly, it takes time to build that endurance and you will just keep the focus. The focus of, well your goals and be realistic again. Don’t compare your progress with others, I made this mistake once, almost ran myself insane. Yes I wasn’t seeing the body and results I wanted in two weeks. It’s good at that time I had a coach that encouraged me to stay focused and know “change will come, but you have to believe in yourself the process”. For some this is easy other not as much so.
So its not the age It’s your mindset and it is easy to say the age because beginning any workout whether it be walking a few days a week, light weight lifting, cardio, yoga, Pilates which ever exercise regimen will get you up and moving.
Just FYI there are so many males and females 50, 60 and older building muscles to compete imagine that.
So again NOPE its not your age. NOW get ready to implement action plan to end the decade and begin another with GREATNESS- YOUR GREATNESS.
What the what? Losing WHAT? You don’t understand, so let me explain.
Mental weight is and can be:
1. Allowing others perception of you/me interfere with our goals
2. Believing we can’t oh but we can
3. Believing goals are age related- no just may take a little longer to achieve.
4. Flowing with the negative crowd (people) because being included is important to them. If its not you then, yeah you know what to do
5. Comparing, Just stay focused on. Your goals. I’m always working on this one.
BE IT KNOWN;
1. You are great
2. You are powerful- far greater than you know
3. You are beautiful or handsome you choose.
4. You are focused and I believe in you as I do in me
5. YOU GOT THIS – just look at what you’ve already accomplished, I mean really look.
Inner strength does not, well for me just me pushing myself to one more rep or lifting extra weight. Inner strength is being strong to walk away from negative people, saying NO instead of yes when I know the topic is not favorable or positive towards my goals or life or harming someone else.
Inner strength to let go of friends you know are toxic or unsupportive always about them. Am I ranting? No and yes. No because I have realized toxic people have slowed down a few of my life goals. Now is this their fault, NO. It’s mine because I allowed it. Unsupportive, I know we are all different in many ways and similar in many, but that support is two ways. Yes is supporting you all the times and you never support me hmmm. Yep I have to dig deep and move on. This really can hurt for a few days but that deep breathe of clean air and light weight yeah feels good. This takes great inner strength because LIFE is short and who wants to limit association with friends and family. No one, but if it means clarity and enjoying your life and making goals become a reality ….. you get it. This just take Inner strength. I am still a bit weak in some areas but my strength is growing and I feel better in eliminating.
This applies to and for me. PLEASE do not run about eliminating people from your life. Evaluate and not just on one incidence. Communicate, explain your concerns and feelings. It takes inner strength to do that also because it it’s so easy to shake it off and off and off.
I have been asked this question so many times in the past weeks. First I want to say I have nothing against going to the gym, it just does not work for me for several reasons and I will share.
1. By the time I get dress drive to the gym, check in place my clothes in the locker room- my stream workout is done.
2. If I’m tired in my commute from work or just had a long tiring day and need to unwind I’m not going to stop by the gym. However if I go home and relax I can workout at home.
3. I can be dress in any attire to workout on my stream
4. My fit community is so supportive and positive and even more motivating
5. I need structure. There is a calendar for me to follow and the trainers are just awesome also motivating, encouraging and just real.
6. My trainers are available 24/7 on stream and if necessary I can DM them on IG.
7. Last for now, IT’S MY CHOICE AND APPEASING TO ME.
Puzzling as it sounds, I had a third leg or so it felt like. I often reflect on his to remind myself of again my transition and gains on my fitness journey. I know I’ve shared this before and it is necessary for me to reflect on.
I have a history of horrible eating disorder. Yes I’ve been through it all, anorexia- which I could go for a month or longer on water or a Sonic Route 44 once a day. Bulemia if I consumed a meal greater than 500 calories or another bulemia is to workout until my burn has 3 to 4 times greater than my intake. Oh yes I occasionally abused laxatives. I was thin shapely an VERY VERY unhealthy.
On the flip of this I went through phases of just binging and binging and yes you guessed it, more binging. I was large and angry because the manufacturers were making their clothes smaller. I was not willing to accept the fact I was eat and had eaten out of smaller sizes. I yo-yo for a minute then the third leg reality came.
I had a third leg. I had gone from XS scrubs to XL and they were getting tight. I one day put on my scrubs, right leg, left leg and I literally had to raise my abdomen up and drop it in my scrubs. Now most people gain abdominal weight all around no mine just hung like a leg. I privately cried and did not want to use the bathroom at work because of how long it took to undress and redress after doing my business. I took a look and knew I needed to change and that’s when my fitness journey begin.
Do I fall off track sometimes but guess what? I don’t have a third leg and NO I’m not back in XS scrubs but I am in M and they are getting just a bit loose but nearly enough for a small.
I eat normally, my intake fluctuates as so my craving but thanks to “ultimate portion fix and the containers” also 2BMindset my nutrition is one of health. My workouts are all on point, streamed Beachbodyondemand.
So bye,bye third leg and on with my fitness journey. To you I send my best that you can wave bye to anything in your life you are not excited about and move forward to your goal or goals as they just keep coming.
What the heck, who wants to gain doing workouts? Well that depends on your goal and it is all positive.
If you’re working out with weights there are benefits, yes you will gain muscle, heavier weights you will bulk up. You can also get firmer and toner even leaner with weights. For the females with that fear of bulk, it’s your weight lift or squat. In other words how heavy, but before you bulk you will burn so many calories. Oh yeah your nutrition will have to also change for a bulk.
But the gains I’m focused on is all personal.
1. Attitude is positive and if you’re already there then it is enhanced
2. Personal appearance, you give it a little more attention and you should because your inner beauty or handsome good looks begin to exhibit. Now I want to share that inner to outer beauty was always there sometimes being hard on ourselves we don’t always see it. But now you are feeling it and your outer vision on you begin to see a different person.
3. You feel powerful on decisions and with this just may be open to more challenges you once feared.
4. Nutrition will change and once again you feel power and energized- “come on workouts”
5. Interactions with family, friends, co-workers, colleagues totally change. They will be at a loss. It’s okay sometimes a shock is good for a few of them.
So as that scale slowly change or fluctuates just remember all the “WORKOUT GAINS”. I’ve shared only a few but there are so many more.