The title seems as if I’ve repeated myself and I have. In a recent share on IG and FB ( I post daily motivation quotes and how I interpret to apply for life).
Individualizing yourself. This is one that I had to reflect on as I created the quote. It is so easy to mimic the life of others. We take the advice of others but then I notice people try to emulate that person 100 percent n then just stop their growth because they see themselves as a failure. This is not so. Why?, What?
It is great to take the advice of others especially if it’s positive and can assist on whatever journey you’re currently traveling. I use travel because a journey toward any goal is like a road trip. The terrain changes. Okay back to YOU. Taking the advice does not mean to try to emulate their life. You nor I do not know what their entire journey has been and nor do we know ALL the solutions. We do know what is being shared but in applying all the good advice and inspiration, don’t forget you.
Forgetting YOURSELF will make the journey tougher, longer and you will loose your identity. As we ( you and I) continue on our journey let’s remember learn from others and apply within OUR life but to be honest and true to ourselves. I’ll be me and YOU be YOU.
I ask “ Is it YOU”. To a great week, month of Individualizing.
A few days a week I begin my day at 3 AM. Yes it is 3 AM so I can do what MY responsibilities to household chores and get a workout in and my efforts are always my 100 but it’s not the same. My efforts require more of a push and although I have drink my “jump to it juice” as always before a workout there is a difference. Why?
I know, what’s the purpose of my juice if I’m not getting the results; well the juice is doing what it should. It’s me. It’s my hours of sleep, no matter what I just cannot get the sleep before that alarm goes off. I’ve tried so many times to crawl into bed by 8 PM but then I’m up by 10 PM because my body thinks I’m taking a nap. Oh I don’t fall asleep at 8, it takes a minute or two more like 30 to 40. I have tried working out later on these days but that means 9 PM or 10, doesn’t work for me. So……
I know my levels are decreased but I do the workouts and still feel good just know it is not the same and it works for ME. That’s it with a 3 AM workout or later it is necessary not only to get the most sleep (because it is important), as well as to know what works for you to stay committed on your journey. I’m sharing my fitness journey but this applies to any journey know what works for you to stay focus and keep it moving onward.
I can only think as I share my journey with many of all ages and hear these sayings. “WHAT”. Okay a list and I’m not sure if these are to deter me, mock me or if people believe it.
1. Is this workout appropriate for your age? Is there an age limit to workouts, if you can do it well do it.
2. What’s your reason, I don’t understand. My workout reason is that I enjoy it, the way I feel in so many ways and YOU don’t need to understand my why for my fitness, however if you’d like to join me to experience the joy, fun and change I am, well come on over Let’s Do This.
3. Are you afraid of injury, I thought you had RA. Yes, I do have RA and if I’m not flaring I’m good and if I am I just adjust the move, weight or whatever is necessary for me to complete the workout. Yes, I’m afraid, afraid I will become lazy, unhealthy and let others decide MY designation in MY fitness journey.
4. I was told that after a certain age blah blah blah. Really and no one ever told you to encourage others, or not to place limitations on your self, maybe someone said your age should not define your capability or stop your growth in every possible area of your life and that does include fitness.
I encourage ANYONE that wants to begin a fitness regimen PLEASE do so. You are denying yourself if you listen to the whispers that say no, you can’t, or don’t.
It’s time to drown out the whispers and become You for YOU. Do IT
How many times do I ask myself this? Am I the only one, how many times do you ask yourself this question?
For me today I’ve aske m self this a thousand times or so it seems.
1. Am I’m the only one that is working out as much in my age group
2. Am I’m the only that gets frustrated when I can’t get all my workout in, today I planned for 2 but my responsibility list was long.
3. Am I the only one that laundry piled up and it will be late before I can get to it or although there aren’t but a few dishes I will place them in the dishwasher and either wash them on another day or turn the dishwasher on in hopes I don’t runout of glasses because unless its a holiday it’s paper plates.
4. Am I’m the only one that everything is breaking, the lawn mower, the edger, the chain saw (limbs on the tree- I do my own)
5. Am I the only wondering how the heck I can keep my house cool because today my air went out and it will be 2 days before the contractor can come out (thanks for home warranty).
6. Today this list is long and then I had to think.
Really, no you’re not it just sometimes I’m hard on myself and have everything planned and then comes the life curve. I just have to deal with it because I have so much to be thankful for in these times.
Tomorrow as I pray the Rosary I will ask God to continue remind me of all the blessings I have received, those I know of and those I don’t because HE has given strength to survive, handle and still be Me despite life’s curve.
How about you? Are you looking at the goodness that surrounds you and know you can handle the curve life tosses to you. You got this, We got this we’re not the only one.
It is everywhere, what fitness that’s what. Fitness in ads on every media and so many begin a fitness program and so many begin, stop then begin again as well as many begin and just stop.
Fitness has many components and its not just the workout, say what? Yes many components and here are a few.
1. Workout- There are levels to any workout begin at your most comfortable level, then advance. Don’t compare yourself because everyone is different of course there will be similarities. It’s okay if you challenge yourself to a higher intensity in a workout and out of nowhere you have to adjust the intensity a bit lower, that’s gain; you’re responding to your body’s capability for that day.
2. Sleep – You want a good workout, well you need to get a good sleep in. I cannot decide the hours for you but a tired body cannot give 💯 percent in a workout. Oh you can go through the motion, but why? You should want to get the most out of your workout so get that slumber in.
3. Nutrition- So important, don’t over eat as well as don’t under eat.
4. Commit- How many days are you able to workout each week, commit to that number
5. The scale- yeah, about that gadget, it can only tell you how much you’ve gained or lost and it is important it cannot tell you how you feel about yourself, the new energy you now have, how many reps you’ve increased, increased flexibility, inches lost and so many other changes. Is the scale important, uh yes it has a role but don’t ignore or forget “all those non scale victories”
Okay just know these are a few components and very important in your fitness journey. I still have to remind myself of them so to woo hoo to the components of fitness.
Yes, it has. I am still on my fitness journey, but my focus has to change. Why, well I want to be true to me. I know my struggles on this fitness journey of mine. I know how I’ve overcome obstacles, the biggest one was and is “eating disorder of extreme” . I know how my body responds to workouts and nutrition and better to some than others.
With this change I am really hoping it doesn’t take long for my body to respond. I know my body is accustomed to certain time of day and specific days of workout but I will be increasing and splitting the workouts. I know how my body responds to change and I am prepared for the struggle hopefully only 2 – 3 weeks. My body requires programming and my mind must sync with the body. Yeah when that happens it is a bit easier.
I call it change but it is actually tweaking my fitness journey. Tweaking and why, well I’m a bit on a plateau now and I need to come out of it. My focus will be greater on workouts and I know nutrition is SO IMPORTANT but I will have to deal with that later. One at a time. Too many changes well I will set myself up to fail.
I’m sure others can do it all at one time, nope doesn’t work for me. I now just try both NOPE again. I’ve been with this body for a long, long time and I know it, we have a relationship. So first fitness change then nutrition if needed. Changing to unleash a greater me and you know maybe you too can change or tweak what you already know for a greater you. TO OUR GREATNESS
I did, I was expecting greater results from my 7th week of Barre Blend, however I was so wrong. I gained 1.5 lb. although I lost a few inches I was hoping for a weight loss.
I WAS HOPING, those are words I can shout over and over. HOPING, why, how? There is no results to hoping if you are doing contradictory behavior. I was so off last week on my nutrition, way off. There were a few days I was under caloric intake and then the rest I ate healthy but too much healthy. See it is okay to eat healthy but even in healthy nutrition it has to be in proportion with your activity level. Yeah I WAS OVER. Okay knowing all I’ve shared how could I want different result. As always I have shouted to myself, “If you want change then you have to change”. If you want greater results then you must put in the time of necessary for the change. I did neither of this so yeah again I wanted change but my behavior said I didn’t.
So, yes, this week I’ve already written down what I need to implement to achieve the change I want on my fitness journey. Sometimes we need to just tweak and get it done.
I am truly a at home fitness person for so many reasons. If you’ve read previous post you’d know my reasons. I don’t swipe out any one who goes to the gym, this at one time was a favorite of. Mine and honestly there are days I miss the gym and then I remember my why.
I stream my workouts and YES I love BOD. I also have a calendar to follow with the greater than 700 workouts but that number has increased (probably need to check my own accuracy). I have to push play and with the COVID19 right now it’s challenging me to push play. I had to evaluate and realize I was following all the. News about it and I as truthfully as the news is, it can also be just as depressing. I had to challenge my NOW new challenger.
How, well I’m up on the news and I must be as a healthcare worker and an essential person as I am now known, but not to overwhelm myself. I must continue to use all the precautions and social distancing and as told in childhood – “JUST FOLLOW THE RULES”. This is one of times not to deviate from the rules and express a different opinion (which would be irrational and unsafe)
I know I’m pushing harder in all my workouts once I begin, so that few minutes of meditation after listening to a podcast or reading PD (personal development) has helped me SO MUCH. Also my prayers. I include the entire country / world in my daily Rosary prayers .
Today I’m just sharing a challenge and how I’m pushing through. Please share your challenge and means of pushing through. To this challenge and overcoming it in a POSITIVE Outcome.
It is a MUST especially now,, and I am constantly reminding myself. With all that is going on in the world today and the virus. It is frightening especially if you are a healthcare worker as I and or an individual that is required to appear on the job as scheduled.
I say be aware of what is occurring, use every precaution necessary to protect yourself, but most of all don’t forget your focus. I am reminding myself to stay focus on my fitness journey because the news updates can depress you, me all of us. Let’s not forget we still have to live and that does not mean connecting to the media 24 hours or every awakening hour.
I am one to say how afraid I was, the changes although to protect us all and how quiet it feels even if there are many disregarding alerts as well as precaution. IT CAN BE DEPRESSING.
Again I urge us ALL to stay focus, live the life we are provide daily, apply the precautions (handwashing, washing off equipment in gym, cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing, or when at work wash equipment, if you are seek beyond your know allergies (this is allergy season) contact your PCP). Most of all KEEP THE FOCUS.
To weeks of adhering to precautions and Keeping Your Focus.